Communal stair lighting

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,  looking for some help finding a light fitting, preferable round which fits over the top of existing surface conduit and through box. Possible with an adapter or pattress style box which fits first too space the light fitting over the conduit . Trying to save stripping the conduit through box out and replacing it with t box . Has anyone came across anything the would suit. Tryed my two electrical wholesalers who both came up with nothing and not finding anything on www. I've even phoned lighting manufacturars with no avail. Many thanks for reading this post and thanks in advance for any info. David . 

My apologies, I should have explained that it has to be vandal proof  so can’t fit it direct to conduit box and leave room behind it to be pulled off! 

Cooper lighting Menvier light fitting, that I am not sure they make any more, you will have to check, is a vandal resistant 2D bulkhead and the base has a space for a through conduit box to be mounted under it.

A right nuisance to fit if you do not want the conduit fitting because there are all these bumps in the base!

I thought Thorn did one as well but I cannot get to my stock of bulkheads to check as I am trying to install a new shed.

menvier-rlo28_2_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Cooper lighting Menvier light fitting, that I am not sure they make any more, you will have to check, is a vandal resistant 2D bulkhead and the base has a space for a through conduit box to be mounted under it.

A right nuisance to fit if you do not want the conduit fitting because there are all these bumps in the base!

I thought Thorn did one as well but I cannot get to my stock of bulkheads to check as I am trying to install a new shed.

View attachment 9342
Amazing....I thought I had seen everything

never seen one of those before

everyday is a school day

View attachment 9342

Thats exactly what i need . I will give them a phone tomorrow and see if they still make them . Thanks Ardet r 

The link I added later is to John Cribb and sons who have them on their website they may be easier to check with if they have stock, I think it was about three years ago I fitted one.