Aussie Sparky Just moved over

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozspark

Reaction score
G'day guys and gals,

Just moved back over to the UK from OZ after being out there for 12 years, whilst there i became qualified as an electrician. Just wanting some direction as to what i need to do to get the qualifications over here and what to expect from the exams. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers Tom

Hi and welcome.

From what I have seen down under, you will have to get used to things being a bit more restricted, the first thing that comes to mind is we are generally deemed too stupid to be allowed to have sockets in our bathrooms.

Do they use the UK  Regs  Down Under  or create their own ?  

I heard that a UK sparks going Down Under has to take some additional exams AND spend a year  being monitored by an existing contractor .  We don't do the latter here. 

I'd like to bet you could get a job with a contractor here ....can't be that different can it !! .... just a few differences in the Regs  for you to take on board  ...trunking & tray etc  is the same the world over. 

Is'nt there a college lecturer on here  who may know how the  qualifications match up .  ?