MOT Testing

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MY Landrover should be MOT exempt from today.

I just checked and got an ambiguous result.  A few days ago it would have told me the MOT expired in January. Today is should say it is MOT exempt, but instead just says "MOT- no results returned"

So can I take it for a drive today or not?

And do what with the V112? there is no tax form to accompany it in my case until November so just take the V112 on it's own to a post office?

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, here is what you do:

Go to "tax my vehicle"

Because you don't have a V11 tax reminder, enter the 12 digit reference from the V5. It then told me my vehicle was already taxed but gave me the option to continue, where I was able to self declare MOT exemption. I then "paid" £0 for a fresh years historic vehicle tax starting 1st May

I now need to see how long before it reflects that MOT exempt status at "check my MOT"

I have had it about 14 years now. It looked similar when i swapped it with my old car , with a mate who sprays cars. I have done a lot of work on it but could never be that good at paintwork so leave that to the professionals.  By the way its a 68 Plymouth Roadrunner, 4 speed which is very rare as 90%  of American cars are auto.

It's not looking as goof now. The paintowrk was never very good and it's a lot more dull and faded now since that picture.  When I eventually get the house finished I want to get it re painted, then keep it under cover.

All the hard work was done before I got it, rebuilt on a new galvanised chassis so it's all cosmetic work needed now.

Latest posts