Correct Charger For LED Worklight

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OnOff

Mad Inventor™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone got one of these?

It's not obvious what charger it needs from the label. Hoping if someone has the same one that they can take a pic of the label and I might have something that'll match in the box of assorted wall warts.

Cheers 

I had the cunning  plan of googling the charger part number !

but you can near enough guess it frommthr part no. Anyway

Cheers. I just seem to remember a few people buying these or similar a while back. Think I saw the one in your link in the box of assorted along with the many BT router psus, Binatone & Cobra walkie talkie ones etc! 

EDIT: Nope, must have been wishful thinking. But a BT Home Hub 3 12V 1A one fits and we're charging. I remember now there was an A & B model hub and though ostensibly the same looking they had different size DC jacks. I'll look again when sober.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just received  from Amazon, a versatile charger with 6  interchangeable  plugs  to replace what powers my John Lewis clock radio .     Thought  the little jack plug had failed  , turned out to be the 6V power socket in the radio  :C   Took it to bits ...nightmare  to replace the plug . 

I was unsure as to whether the device , called a charger,  was OK for continuous use powering a radio .

Just to add that although out of guarantee , John Lewis offered to pay half of the cost of the charger as they don't do a replacement . 

I just received  from Amazon, a versatile charger with 6  interchangeable  plugs  to replace what powers my John Lewis clock radio .     Thought  the little jack plug had failed  , turned out to be the 6V power socket in the radio  :C   Took it to bits ...nightmare  to replace the plug . 

I was unsure as to whether the device , called a charger,  was OK for continuous use powering a radio .

Just to add that although out of guarantee , John Lewis offered to pay half of the cost of the charger as they don't do a replacement . 

I've done the DC jacks on half a dozen laptops. ***** sometimes! 

Thanks for that  mate .     I'd have to do it under a big magnifying glass  I think  and then its really small .     Would I even get the part .

Its a small DAB  clock radio with a nice mellow tone , not that tinny row you get with small speakers   but I shall have to get another  ,  not the same if the power socket is dodgy though . 

Thanks for that  mate .     I'd have to do it under a big magnifying glass  I think  and then its really small .     Would I even get the part .

Its a small DAB  clock radio with a nice mellow tone , not that tinny row you get with small speakers   but I shall have to get another  ,  not the same if the power socket is dodgy though . 

Often fitted too with high melting point solder. Worst one I did was the lad's tablet.

I 'adopted' the same light  after  a shop fitout  (no one  claimed it) and it was dead so i wacked on a 12v 1a wall wart and its been fine for 6 months. I have  noticed  a lot of rechargeable stuff now needs a higher charge voltage than a few  years ago. This ranges  from a Metral tester  with 6 x 1.2 AA batts   that was supplied with  a 16v charger & a similar but  larger site light having a 12v for 7v batts

Tbh I try and mark all my own wall warts with nail varnish as I get the "tool". Just done the BT one for the light. I have to ask the 11 year old for whatever cast off colour she's gone off of when I run out! :)

20180527_115145.jpg