DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.
Sign in to follow this  
Evans Electric

110V Site Transformer for sale .

Evans Electric

75VA  X 110 V   Site Transformer  , Newlec  , 2 plugs  .

Lightweight   at 75VA     , (Sparks don't need anything  bigger or heavier )!!!  

A snip at  £35   incld. postage   

Photo0566.jpg

Photo0564.jpg

Photo0565.jpg

roys

Think you missed out a 0 in the start of your description Deke surely 750VA😀

Evans Electric

You're right Roys   it is indeed  750VA    .

If I strat  tipyng too flast  I strat to merk mestikes  a d  m ss out l tters :C

Now are you merking me an offer  or just correcting typos   ? ;)

How can you miss out on this super lightweight  transformer ...it weighs exactly the same as it's own weight in feathers  , now you can't get fairer than that ...it floats on gossamer wings ...it features in Disney cartoons where Bluebirds  fly into view  baring it upon high  and it lands on the forest floor with a sigh .  

roys

Do you think it would make a useful addition to the three I already own, although one is out on what seems to be a permenent loan to my mate, the other is stationary in the workshop as my 110V bench supply and the third is the one I lug about.

See I can justify having three of them.

Sorry Deke I don't need a forth, if it was me I wouldn't sell it as you'll miss/need it about a week after it is gone.😀

Andy™

already got plenty... inc one wired backwards so you can get 230v on a 110v site...

Evans Electric

No no no      It sounds like you need a fourth one to me ,  one on permanent loan     (you'll never see that again)  ....one is a bench supply  ....and you're lugging the third one about   ....but what you don't have is a STANDBY  in case the lugger about one  carps out !!!     

kerching
2 hours ago, Evans Electric said:

No no no      It sounds like you need a fourth one to me ,  one on permanent loan     (you'll never see that again)  ....one is a bench supply  ....and you're lugging the third one about   ....but what you don't have is a STANDBY  in case the lugger about one  carps out !!!     

Exactly....you always need a backup or two

I believe some people have all their power tools in 110/240 & if possible cordless as well :innocent

roys

Well Deke, I better not let my wife see this thread, as she says I have already got far too much stuff (impossible in my opinion), and I do like to have loads of stand by kit but I'm afraid in this very rare occasion I have to respectfully decline your generous offer.

Anyways how can you bare to sell it yourself as you never know when you might need it.

Evans Electric

The time has come  ( the walrus said)  to get rid of many things .     Now semi -retired  , do smaller jobs  two days a week ...occasionally three , no more site work  , no more moving factories from place to place .     Still look after the printing firm once a month .    

110V  tools are in the loft  and as Kerch says , I have the same in 240V 

I'm not as bad as those people you see on TV  who hoard everything ...BUT ...I do suffer from  " That might come in useful"  syndrome , then 20 yrs later I'm chucking it away . :C 

kerching

I have amassed an obscene amount of plant and tools over the years, and as Deke says it is difficult to let go.  I am slowly selling the really 'not needed' stuff off to fund another 'project'

f. F. S. How many BICC Burndy 400mm crimp sets do I need? :C

Evans Electric
10 hours ago, kerching said:

f. F. S. How many BICC Burndy 400mm crimp sets do I need? :C

OOooo   I could do with a couple of those   ......never know when a 400 mmm SWA  job may pop up .   

Just wondering if I need to buy a "Turfer"  too ??? :innocent

Edited by Evans Electric

roys

Got two tirfors, now they have saved the day on more than one occasion.

In fact I was using it a couple of weeks ago to pull out a gorse bush.

Edited by roys
Addition

Evans Electric

Roys  ....no one  has   TWO   Tirfors   ......Oh except Kerch I suppose who probably has three .  

roys

I used to have three but I sold one on ebay😀

I inheited the spare one from my dad, an original TU16 from the 1970's

Andy™
2 hours ago, Evans Electric said:

Roys  ....no one  has   TWO   Tirfors   ......Oh except Kerch I suppose who probably has three .  

well if kerch has 3, then he doesnt have 2

SPECIAL LOCATION
On ‎12‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 22:05, kerching said:

I believe some people have all their power tools in 110/240 & if possible cordless as well :innocent

The only time that becomes worrying is if you have 110v & 240v & cordless versions of those lady pleasuring devices...….:Blushing:o

I have heard some are called Rabbits.....:innocent

or something like that?  :C

Otherwise all other forms of powered appliances …..

why not go 110v 240v & cordless???

Guinness

kerching
4 hours ago, Evans Electric said:

OOooo   I could do with a couple of those   ......never know when a 400 mmm SWA  job may pop up .   

I have only ever used them on singles or AWA and a few overhead lines backmin the day

as for Tirfors....funny you should say that BUT I only have ONE, that along with my block and tackle and PortaPower body jack set will move most things if coupled with 40+ years of experience and a bit of ingenuity, some rope , wedges and a snatch block or two. You can't beat a good snatch

Evans Electric

You forgot pinch bars and rollers. 

kerching
8 hours ago, Evans Electric said:

You forgot pinch bars and rollers. 

Good point!

i had a toe jack and some skates from the days when I did guillotines and press brakes,  but they 'walked' 

Onoff

Tirfors? I hired x3 TU32s not no long ago. Love the old TU8s though!

Got a few of their electric cousins, as in Tirak winches here; an X301P and I think a couple of X400s. Grand plans to incorporate into a lift for a shell spinner...

roys

Onoff just out of curiosity why did you need 3 TU32's cos they are beasts, you would have sore arms lugging them 3 about plus wire.

Onoff
13 hours ago, roys said:

Onoff just out of curiosity why did you need 3 TU32's cos they are beasts, you would have sore arms lugging them 3 about plus wire.

To support and adjust a 15 tonne counterweight on a crane while I changed the main wire ropes holding it. 

Tony S
1 hour ago, Onoff said:

To support and adjust a 15 tonne counterweight on a crane while I changed the main wire ropes holding it. 

You’re welcome to that job! Done it too many times.

roys

Cheers onoff sounds like fun.

Onoff
On 16/06/2018 at 15:57, roys said:

Cheers onoff sounds like fun.

No it's not. I should have done better at school. I pray for 6 numbers or death before the next one! :)