Jump to content

DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.
Evans Electric

110V Site Transformer for sale .

Recommended Posts

SLIPSHOD & SLAPDASH

Putting one of those PAT stickers on it will add value (no need to actually test) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Evans Electric

Think I'll give it to my mate the chippie opposite   ( Pat without the Hat )  .  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Evans Electric

Did I mention I have a  110V   X 750VA   Transformer  for sale  at a knockdown price ?  

 

Buy now before Brexit kicks in and prices rocket  due to reverting to non - decimal currency  /  pounds & ounces  / feet 'n inches /  poles ,perchs, rods  & quires . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Andy™

free delivery & £20 and ill take them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rapparee
12 hours ago, Evans Electric said:

Did I mention I have a  110V   X 750VA   Transformer  for sale  at a knockdown price ?  

 

Buy now before Brexit kicks in and prices rocket  due to reverting to non - decimal currency  /  pounds & ounces  / feet 'n inches /  poles ,perchs, rods  & quires . 

I thought there were already too many poles, that's why you voted for Brexit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Evans Electric

Oooh  you can't say that .....you'll be running down the Irish next  :innocent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
r3dd3v1l
On 12/06/2018 at 20:01, Andy™ said:

already got plenty... inc one wired backwards so you can get 230v on a 110v site...

can this be done??

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Onoff
1 hour ago, r3dd3v1l said:

can this be done??

 

 

 

Reconfigure as an autotransformer and you can get 340V :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tony S
On 30/07/2018 at 00:44, Evans Electric said:

 

Buy now before Brexit kicks in and prices rocket  due to reverting to non - decimal currency  /  pounds & ounces  / feet 'n inches /  poles ,perchs, rods  & quires . 

 

Try working in Troy weights.

 

24 grains = 1 pennyweight

20 pennyweight = 1 Troy ounce

12 Troy ounce = 1 Troy pound

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Andy™
4 hours ago, r3dd3v1l said:

can this be done??

 

 

 

i wouldt have said i had one if i didnt and it couldnt be done...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Geoff1946

Simple transformers are reversible, but there are losses in the core; the power which causes it to get warm. Consequently when used reverse to design the output is going to be slightly lower than the originally rated input.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Andy™
Just now, Geoff1946 said:

Simple transformers are reversible, but there are losses in the core; the power which causes it to get warm. Consequently when used reverse to design the output is going to be slightly lower than the originally rated input.

 

its a 3.3kva. rarely used for anything more than a grinder / drill. its been sat in the workshop and never taken to site for a while now either

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Blue Duck

Not sure why anyone would be wanting to carry a huge iron brick around with them? 

The only time I have used a 110v transformer on site was to charge MEWPs everything else is lithium ion these days. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Andy™

dont carry any transformer these days. its either battery or 230

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tony S
44 minutes ago, Geoff1946 said:

Simple transformers are reversible, but there are losses in the core; the power which causes it to get warm. Consequently when used reverse to design the output is going to be slightly lower than the originally rated input.

 

You should have also mentioned the magnetising inrush current would be unproportionately higher than when used as designed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Onoff

"One 'o them big yeller batreeze!"

 

Best description I've heard from a proper thicko. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rapparee
3 hours ago, Blue Duck said:

Not sure why anyone would be wanting to carry a huge iron brick around with them? 

The only time I have used a 110v transformer on site was to charge MEWPs everything else is lithium ion these days. 

You do realise that the Genie MEWPs are dual voltage.

 

I changed the plug on ours and it takes 230v

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Onoff
1 hour ago, rapparee said:

You do realise that the Genie MEWPs are dual voltage.

 

I changed the plug on ours and it takes 230v

 

I've done that too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
phil d
30 minutes ago, Onoff said:

 

I've done that too.

A lot of stuff is, we had a dehumidifier recently (ex hire) it runs on 110v, but there's a switch behind a screwed on plate, if you alter this it will run on 240v. I think the Genies are the same, find the switch, flick it over, swap the plug and off you go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
r3dd3v1l
7 hours ago, Andy™ said:

 

i wouldt have said i had one if i didnt and it couldnt be done...

 how is this done? i got rid of a load as having ten spare was over kill, if i had a unit that went from 110 to 240 it would make sense

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Onoff
1 hour ago, phil d said:

A lot of stuff is, we had a dehumidifier recently (ex hire) it runs on 110v, but there's a switch behind a screwed on plate, if you alter this it will run on 240v. I think the Genies are the same, find the switch, flick it over, swap the plug and off you go.

 

Genies do it automatically. They'll charge anywhere from 100 - 240V and 50/60Hz. They call it automatic smart charge or something. No switch to flick just change the plug.

 

(Weird wiring inside Genies from memory as an aside though it's 25 years since I played with them. White line wires and switched neutrals or something).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Andy™
8 hours ago, r3dd3v1l said:

 how is this done? i got rid of a load as having ten spare was over kill, if i had a unit that went from 110 to 240 it would make sense

 

swap the windings....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Blue Duck
12 hours ago, rapparee said:

You do realise that the Genie MEWPs are dual voltage.

 

I changed the plug on ours and it takes 230v

 

Dunno mate we were using sky jacks mostly,  the only genie we had was a diesel cherry picker. ;)

 

9 hours ago, Onoff said:

 

Genies do it automatically. They'll charge anywhere from 100 - 240V and 50/60Hz. They call it automatic smart charge or something. No switch to flick just change the plug.

 

(Weird wiring inside Genies from memory as an aside though it's 25 years since I played with them. White line wires and switched neutrals or something).

 

Them be 'merican. ;)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

Terms of UseWe have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.