12000W pizza oven

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spark1112

Reaction score
Hi Folks 

I have a job for installing a 3-phase pizza oven 12kW 
It needs to be a 5 core cable SWA. 
What do you's reckon about cable size and fuse? It's a Eaton 3 phase board which is existing. 25m run from DB do the oven. The bit that's confusing me is that the pizza machine is on a 16amp 5 pin red plug which I can't imagine is big enough 

Regards 

Welcome, I would probably expect 2.5mm² five core SWA should be sufficient if you have a 20A breaker, but depending on length of run before the existing board and tripping characteristic you may need to upsize to account for volt drop and cable resistance to meet Zs.

If the rating is at 240V then they were probably just pushing the limits on the plug; oh it's only a bit over!!😣.  However the total load may be 12kW and the operation methods of the oven may mean it cannot reach that total.

What do the manufacturers instructions specify?

Thanks mate appreciate it. The problem is everything is in Italian. The guy who I'm doing the job for has bought it 2nd hand there's no manual. I've tried getting through to the company themselves based in Italy but I just can't get through no email no nothing 

Latest posts