So, this new Regs book thing..I am probably blowing bubbles but

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Home for the terminally bewildered, one step ahead
So the new TOTAL RIP OFF NEW WAY OF DRY REAMING US SIDEWAYS AND GETTING EVEN MORE OF OUR HARDCEARNED MONEY Regs book is imminent

regs books for years have gone 

red and then a different colour for each amendment as follows 

green 

yellow 

blue 

brown 

but all the adverts I see are for a Blue 18th edn!

have I missed something along the way and the new book is already in it's amended form?

I am not all that bothered just curious

Listed on page 8 of BS7671 amendment three (yellow cover), shows the colours of the covers over time.

I'm just about sick of  them  TBH.

Which was the biggest rip off ?   Was it the 15th   ?   When in the end of a great furry of amendments  which left the rank & file spinning in confusion .   We were another entity then and I remember  The NICEIC issuing an edict  that was supposed to clarify which  book you should be working to .

The Great Edict ,  carved in stone ,   was carried down  from the mountain by Moses , one of the first chairmen  who translated them from the original Klingon .

And thus he spake :-    ( it was something like this)  

The brown cover   did begat  some amendments  ,  1..2..& 3  and it was decreed that  a yellow cover would be issued containing them ,  but then  more begatting did  take place  and confusion reigned across the Earth  and the storms were on the ocean  and the electricians did lie with the plumbers  and mark of the devil was EEPTU .

And thus spake the NICEIC  saying  if you own a  brown cover  with 3 amendments inserted  loose  , you must cast it aside and take up the Yellow cover  with 6 amendments inserted  or the blue cover  with ALL the amendments printed therupon  until August  that year  when the whole thing will be rehashed  and a new colour  issued which will make all  others as false Gods  and ye shall not praise them.

Here endeth the lesson.    

I'm just about sick of  them  TBH.

Which was the biggest rip off ?   Was it the 15th   ?   When in the end of a great furry of amendments  which left the rank & file spinning in confusion .   We were another entity then and I remember  The NICEIC issuing an edict  that was supposed to clarify which  book you should be working to .

The Great Edict ,  carved in stone ,   was carried down  from the mountain by Moses , one of the first chairmen  who translated them from the original Klingon .

And thus he spake :-    ( it was something like this)  

The brown cover   did begat  some amendments  ,  1..2..& 3  and it was decreed that  a yellow cover would be issued containing them ,  but then  more begatting did  take place  and confusion reigned across the Earth  and the storms were on the ocean  and the electricians did lie with the plumbers  and mark of the devil was EEPTU .

And thus spake the NICEIC  saying  if you own a  brown cover  with 3 amendments inserted  loose  , you must cast it aside and take up the Yellow cover  with 6 amendments inserted  or the blue cover  with ALL the amendments printed therupon  until August  that year  when the whole thing will be rehashed  and a new colour  issued which will make all  others as false Gods  and ye shall not praise them.

Here emptieth thou bank account

Corrected that for you.

Would we be breaking any laws by not purchasing the next pubication ? 

and the course and all the other guff?

Tony Cable keyring anyone? 

just pondering as m0st of the stuff I'm doing at the moment has very little to do with the 17th...