emails ?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My PC is working at it's usual  brisk speed ,  using this Forum is  quick & speedy    BUT both my emails are not connecting   , one is BT  or private , family etc  the other Evans Electric   gmail  one .  Neither of them is responding .   :C  

Ah I was wrong there !    The Forum is slowing down now  , can't leave this page . 

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers Murdo ,  that did the trick .   

No emails,  no Amazon , no ebay  , Forum was working then  stopped responding  ,  two restarts on the PC 

I made a check on the connection ,  it said it was solid  and speed was 100mbps     or was it MPH   yet there WAS no connection . :C

Last edited by a moderator:
don't trust the pretty coloured lights on a router. They are largely a work of fiction. The only way to test a connection is something like speedtest.net

Was it referring to the connection to the router or connection to the internet?  You can have multiple devices connected to your router that will still talk to each other over your own LAN via your router, but have no access to the internet due to a fault on your external network connection. In which case the data transfer speed locally, (if sharing files between devices), would still be valid, whereas the internet download speed would be zero.

Doc H.

Sometimes the connection at the exchange gets a little confused, restarting your router rests this.