motor inverter

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davidbrac

Reaction score
Its a long time since l worked on motors and the first time on an inverter!

Bought myself a wood lathe that it looks like someone has started to replace the inverter and given up. It is a schneider ATV12H07M2 inverter driving a .5 hp motor.

To me it looks like the old normally open & normally closed switched will not work with this inverter is this correct? If so what do l need and how would l wire it to have start/stop/ and forward /reverse options.

I have sorted variable speed l just need a new variable resistor to get that to work smoothly  

Thanks for any help 

David

wiring.jpg

20180614_123848.jpg

inverter.jpg

have a read through the ATV12 manual. its got the wiring diagrams in there. you need to set up all the paramters on it too. one of them is to enable reverse on one of the inputs

thanks, looks like it will be best to do a factory reset and start again as l do not know what the previous owner has done. I will look at this sometime next week when l have some time

Probably the best course of action. 

3 wire start stop configuration like it sounds you have is  common. 

Make sure you enter all of the motor data correctly! Failing to do this an you can release the smoke from a motor rather quickly. 

Well finally got round to doing this and what a pain. I thought l was going crazy until l realised that the menu described in the instructions was different to the one on the drive. When l realised that l was able to configure it all quite easily