Wish.com - bargain or not?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

revjames

'funny' man™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just browsed wish on my phone and came across a 2xdin android head unit that does DVD, radio, MP3 reverse camera, GPS etc.......

Had to look twice as it was listed as £6

With P&P it came to just under £8 and paid via paypal so its protected. Long delivery time (about a month).

Am I missing something? 

Variable success rate apparently with wish, some good, some bad, so long as you are not going to overspend and can manage with the bad as well as the good, probably worth a go. It is never worth the postage back to China, but China postal service to here is very cheap for the supplier.

I would not expect high quality but might expect it to work, at least for a while.  The shopping revolution that is China.

£8? 

:eek:

cheapest I could find was £40.

once purchased the cheapest android tablet on eBay and the screen was so bad it hurt my eyes.

I sent it back and it cost me %50 of the value for the postage.

With all these Chinese sites, Ali baba, fasttech, gearbest etc there is 90% utter dog poo available but 10% of things may be of use to someone and be well made but it's all a bit of a gamble.

I buy my vaping gear from fasttech but only because most vaping stuff is made in China and I can save 50% on the B&M prices over here if I can wait a month or so for postage.

:)

It's expensive to me. :(  

The mod I use would cost £45 here and  come with a tank which I don't need. 

From fasttech I can have it without the tank for less than £20. Just have to wait....

It's at Heathrow at the moment, only ordered last week! 😛

You a vaper too?

you cant browse unless you are an account holder. Not sure how to show you. maybe try something else

I signed in with my Google account to Wish and found it. £8 inc postage. All gone now but a bargain if it's legit. Update us when you get it.

My wife buys sh*tloads of stuff from Wish. Lots is free and pay £1 postage. Most she buys is £1 stuff with £1 postage, never top quality stuff but great for the price, watches, flashing pens, gadgets with leds in and that sort of toot.

I get stuff from Bang-good, but only things sold at prices that I'm willing to bin if unsatisfactory. Returning would never be viable. They do have some bargains in LEDs, electronic modules and components, etc, but beware anything for mains connection.  Most of my garden irrigation system , pipe joints, drippers, etc, came from them too

its amazing the randomness of the stuff on there. When you browse, theres stuff like LED torches, tools, clothes and then a carburettor for a 1980's yamaha motorbike. Will let you know what the stereo is like if and when it arrives.....

My wife buys sh*tloads of stuff from Wish. Lots is free and pay £1 postage. Most she buys is £1 stuff with £1 postage, never top quality stuff but great for the price, watches, flashing pens, gadgets with leds in and that sort of toot.
lets be honest, a lot of the 'good quality' stuff is the cheap stuff in a more expensive wrapper and box and an expensive sales campaign...

lets be honest, a lot of the 'good quality' stuff is the cheap stuff in a more expensive wrapper and box and an expensive sales campaign...
Absolutely correct

We make Dimplex and Creda heaters, the only difference is the price and the sticker on the front. Exactly the same product.

Same components made on the same production line made by the same people.