Mystery of the week .

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Under the seats of my Combo van there,s a unit with a red &a yellow button that click each other in & out  and a cable  ( not electric) that  leads to the seat belt anchors .  

Anyone know what its for  ?   :C    Just downloading a picture .

Photo0572.jpg

I know you lot .....its the ejector seat enable button ...right ??  

I've been pressing it on & off  not aware of anything happening TBH   ...so do I press the red or the yellow ...upon impact ...what happens ?  Other than the belt holding me in the seat . ?  

pre tensioners are a small explosive. if the airbag triggers, they pull the seat belt down too. basically, pulls it a little tighter before you move forward into it so your more restrained

Had an argument with a traffic warden once... the ticket fell off the dash & I was only gone for 2 min, he must have been hiding in a bush.

Cost me £80 & I was so enraged I slammed the door and set off the pre pensioners. 

Got back in to the car smelling sulfur and unable to use the seat belt, ended up costing a lot more than  £80! 

When they become  slack or worn it is the most common cause of the air bag warning light showing on the dash.

..so do I press the red or the yellow .
I'd best take another look in the handbook  , I didn't see any reference to exploding seat belts  . 

This reminds me of the first van I drove ,  an Austin A35   ,they were not good compared to today's vans .  Brakes were poor , cross ply tyres, no sound proofing , cheap seats ,  heater as extra ,  radio  ..forget it !  but starting handle supllied  ,  no power assisted steering ,  max speed about 80 MPH   ,  rust proofing ...forget that too. no seat belts

Driving seat was hinged on  the front bar so when you slammed the brakes on it tipped up  

I learned to drive in my dad's Anglia van.  As kids we travelled in the back, one of us sitting on the tool box, the other sitting on the gas bottle. What was wrong with that?

Nothing wrong with that Dave, just the younger generations have gone all PC and HS on us! 

Just cant have any fun these days- even go to a fairground and everything is HS :(  

When they become  slack or worn it is the most common cause of the air bag warning light showing on the dash.
Thanks  ruston .

Thanks twice Ruston  . 

Last edited by a moderator: