Has anyone got .................

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
...........a 6ft  twin  OPAL   fluorescent diffuser  .  Thought to be the Thorn style  , hangs on the two cross bars .

Customer of my partner has a shop with a load of them apparently and one is broken .

Our wholesalers have one  prismatic and when thats gone ...thats it . !   

Well NO and then again sort of yes...

i have two brand new ( but one is a bit carped up as it's not been in a bag for 9  years and has some Barn stuff on it, which will wash off)

BUT they are PRISMATIC......B. U. G. G. E. R. 

End view......

IMG_2465.JPG

more chance of being Fitzgerald.......but Fitz bought Thorns old tooling , so if it's an old one it should fit

Or Ansell?
Never used an Ansell Flu

used a lot of their Tornado LED fittings

bought 10

marked fixings as per the template on the box ( hate those fittings that fix one aclip so you only have one shot at it....anyway)

freaking template was out by about 200mm

i was very impressed!

once you know to ignore the MIs then it was fine 😉😖

If it is Thorn

The link I provided is the answer.

Download the data sheet. The photo is only representative of the range.

Thanks for looking Kerch   ...but the operative word was OPAL   , never mind 

Thanks too  Rapparound   ,  operative word was Twin ....not to worry  I promised  I'd ask .  

Yep  certainly do .... details emailed  , my work is done ,  no idea who the customer is .  As someone said ,  I'd have told him to remove all the others  TBH. 
Or put one into storage and use the 2 prismatic of mine in a 'discrete location'

or tell them to stop being so faddy, suck it up buttercup, and swap ALL for LEDs!.....that should focus their minds