dodgy french doors

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

revjames

'funny' man™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bought this house last July. House had been refurbished including 9 new windows and 2 new doors. Obviously this was done for the previous owner and his name is on the paperwork.

I am having problems with some of the windows and particularly the rear French doors. I contacted the company and at the time of first calling them the windows and doors were just 6 months old. They said sorry, warranty is non transferrable and washed their hands of it. 

Surely they should be covered by some kind of guarantee?

talk to trading standards, any product supplied should last a 'reasonable amount of time', but I'm not sure that applies to itmes sold on to a third party.

I thought windows & doors were theoretically covered under the FENSA scheme in the same way electrical work should be covered by Part-P. e.g. some insurance backed warranty if stuff goes pear shaped.  https://www.fensa.org.uk/fensa-certificate      But I may be completely wrong?

Doc H.

The manufacturers warranty applies to their items, who owns it is irrelevant, particularly as they have not been transferred, they are still installed in the very same property that they were originally installed. Who paid for them is irrelevant. 

They warrant the product not the person. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought you had to be a FENSA  member to install that stuff .   And as said ,  there should be some warranty  .

Wonder what would have happened if you'd used the original guy's name ? 

Latest posts