Gas hob, jet conversion for LPG

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a new gas hob, currently set up for mains gas. I need to convert it for LPG.  The supplier has just told me the conversion kit is no longer available.

So I have to do it the hard way, work out from the existing jets what sizes the new ones need to be.

So the 4 jets currently in the hob are stamped 103,  103,  115  and 72

Anyone know how to calculate what sizes I need?

Or do I just take a punt and buy this kit and just try it? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LPG-Gas-Jet-Set-4-Burner-Cooker-Hob-Calor-Propane-Nozzle-Conversion-Kit-NEW/222794793274?hash=item33df9ac13a:g:vh8AAOSwp7FaWkSm

Sorry, not sure how I did that. Started to use a quote, made a mess of it and failed to delete it.

Anyway, the comment about Carbon monoxide is solely mine, but I do mean it!

If my Father in Law was still alive he would have been able to calculate the jet sizes for me, in his job he was one of the engineers doing the natural gas conversion for large industry.

This hob did have a kit sold by the manufacturer, but it is a discontinued model (I bought it ex display when it was discontinued) so that means the burner is capable of being converted. But they stopped selling the conversion kit when the model was discontinued.

So I just need the jet sizes.

For LPG the jets are smaller, partly because the gas is delivered at a higher pressure, and partly because it has a higher heat capacity.  Converting the other way you could indeed drill out the jets, but going from mains to LPG requires smaller jets hence you need to change them.

It WILL be getting connected and tested by our local gas safe plumber.

Last edited by a moderator: