Wireless CCTV

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

binky

retired and loving it!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been asked by a school to quote for a CCTV camera on the school gates, which are roughly 70m from the main building. The gates are powered, so picking up a power supply shouldn't be too difficult, but there isn't really any options for ruuning a cable back to the building, so is there a wireless linked camera that someone could recommend?

I don't know about "wireless camera*" but you can get a Transmitter and receiver for CCTV.

*You can have a cctv camera with inbuilt transmitter but the quality is not that good

Just found This one

lots of the town centre CCTV works by radio link, so I know it's possible. The school already ahs a door-entry onthe gate without a camera, but they want to add the ability to see it is who ever rings the doorbell, are who they say they are, it is before they open the gate, so quality doesn't need to be epic. THe school has children from many service families, so are concerned about being a soft target for ISIS supporters.

So you don't want some "Tat" piece of kit, which is what most cameras with a TX are, you want a good quality camera and in independent transmitter.

There are a whole host of them available, like the one I suggested, but to be honest, sometimes I suggest that although its money, some jobs are best left to others, and this is one such job.

lots of the town centre CCTV works by radio link, so I know it's possible. The school already ahs a door-entry onthe gate without a camera, but they want to add the ability to see it is who ever rings the doorbell, are who they say they are, it is before they open the gate, so quality doesn't need to be epic. THe school has children from many service families, so are concerned about being a soft target for ISIS supporters.

Swap for a video entry system? Or is there a couple of spare pairs you could borrow to link the camera? 

gate is linked to 'door entry system, it's some make I've never heard of, AES, hence all I want to do is pinch leccy supply from there, apart from not invalidating warranty. Gate has line of site-ish, couple of trees in ay but  a 1.2 km range will be more than adequate 

IP cameras an Wifi would do it if you can get enough range. AES is decent enough kit, although there is one site i look after with one that holds open even few month and needs turned off and on again