How many faults can you see

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

No1

Reaction score
I came across another consumer unit installed by an “ electrician “ that I posted a previous photo of his work on this forum.

How many faults and non confomance can you see?

https://postimg.cc/gallery/3cfo2fzq0/

Last edited by a moderator:
Awful ..... best send those to his scheme.

Mr Lovejoy - you must try harder......

i mean who fits LAP fuse Boards?

Awful ..... best send those to his scheme.

Mr Lovejoy - you must try harder......

Edited photo because I didn’t want to show who’d done the work, but this is the 2nd consumer unit I’ve Come across that he’s done that’s a total bodge. Even the labels didn’t line up with the correct mcb.

Edited photo because I didn’t want to show who’d done the work, but this is the 2nd consumer unit I’ve Come across that he’s done that’s a total bodge. Even the labels didn’t line up with the correct mcb.

You need to send those photos to his scheme ..... I would 

You need to send those photos to his scheme ..... I would 

That won't make a scrap of difference...

Unless you are the person ordering the work and raising a formal complaint, all they can do is look at the pictures and say oh yes.. the standard of workmanship is a bit naff!!

They could possibly use photos in rouges gallery of naff workmanship articles...

BUT..  you wont see any action been taken, Unless you are the person who has paid for the work and you are making a personal formal compliant...

I have recently done some remedial work for a customer who's had some dangerous electrics done....

But the customers contract was with the builder.. not the electrician...

They have raised a compliant with trading Standards, but they cannot complain directly about the electrician as they don't have a contract with him..

I cannot complain about the electrician either..

But Trading Standards have contacted me to be a witness on behalf of the customer to bring a case against the builder for sub-standard work by him or his sub-contractors...

Hopefully the electrician will get caught into the net via the builder...

Even though it is 100% naff non-compliant with BS7671 or Part P  (e.g. No 30ma RCD protection anywhere on new two story extension built and wired during the past 18months)..

I cannot complain or raise a case against anyone... because I didn't order or pay for nay work!!!

It is very hard to prove somebody actually did some poor quality work ..   

unless you actually have copies of invoices identifying a specific schedule of work and a request for payment as the work is now complete.

A contractors sticker on the front of a fuse box doesn't prove anybody actually did anything at all,  

Just that they may have done something somewhere on the installation....

Which is not quite the same!!!  :mellow: :shakehead

So if you are just sending photos, you may as well... headbang

Guinness

you better hope he's not a member of the scam he's claiming to be otherwise nothing will happen. even then the dodgy electrics wont be considered

Doing nothing is not an option

That won't make a scrap of difference...

Unless you are the person ordering the work and raising a formal complaint, all they can do is look at the pictures and say oh yes.. the standard of workmanship is a bit naff!!

They could possibly use photos in rouges gallery of naff workmanship articles...

BUT..  you wont see any action been taken, Unless you are the person who has paid for the work and you are making a personal formal compliant...

I have recently done some remedial work for a customer who's had some dangerous electrics done....

But the customers contract was with the builder.. not the electrician...

They have raised a compliant with trading Standards, but they cannot complain directly about the electrician as they don't have a contract with him..

I cannot complain about the electrician either..

But Trading Standards have contacted me to be a witness on behalf of the customer to bring a case against the builder for sub-standard work by him or his sub-contractors...

Hopefully the electrician will get caught into the net via the builder...

Even though it is 100% naff non-compliant with BS7671 or Part P  (e.g. No 30ma RCD protection anywhere on new two story extension built and wired during the past 18months)..

I cannot complain or raise a case against anyone... because I didn't order or pay for nay work!!!

It is very hard to prove somebody actually did some poor quality work ..   

unless you actually have copies of invoices identifying a specific schedule of work and a request for payment as the work is now complete.

A contractors sticker on the front of a fuse box doesn't prove anybody actually did anything at all,  

Just that they may have done something somewhere on the installation....

Which is not quite the same!!!  :mellow: :shakehead

So if you are just sending photos, you may as well... headbang

Guinness

doing nothing is not an option

last time I got involved in a case like this, they nailed the twot for illegal use of NICEIC logo rather then bad electrics - much easier to prosecute I suppose.

Well if the cu was LAP it sure isn't one of mine.............................and yes I'm sure I will now be battered with loads of "whats wrong with LAP, its cheap & its good stuff"...........................IT's NOT IT ****E STUFF

must stop drinking gin..............makes me argumentative apparently  :wacko: