Are we really cheapening ourselves THAT much?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought the going rate for that sort of thing was £100, £30 for the "spark" and £70 for the agent to share the location on Google maps.

We had 3 testers on site at a rate of £250/day....

When it came to witnessing the test results it was quickly revealed they were making them up! 

They were pumped there and then. 

:C

Last edited by a moderator:
At a guess they've already got a copy of an EICR for the property and are charging £30 for a copy of the copy...

Thanks all, I know the house intimately, especially the electrics, I know whats wrong (which isnt much that can be noted on an EICR). Its the sort of house that I would strip everything back to bare walls and start again. In the 'new' house, a 1902 build, there are even more fun and games.

Andy Guinness

What poor fool would agree to put their signature on an EICR for just £30?

micky mouse

Or...

Donald Duck..

Goofy...

Pluto....

Bugs Bunny....

Captain Pugwash....

Sponge Bob....

Del Boy...

Buzz Lightyear....

Actually. quite a few names I know may be willing to put their autograph on a £30 EICR...

Guinness

:pmsl1: :D

This has reminded me of a  question I posed  some years ago ,   I'll try it again . 

Including myself  I never met anyone who has actually SEEN  a Mickey Mouse cartoon .    Everyone 's heard of him .   Bugs Bunny ,  Road Runner Tom & Jerry  yes ....the most famous one in the world ...no . 

Last edited by a moderator:
I will put money  on the EICR being a Landlords condition report, which is a visual only.  Even if i offered those it would be more than £30.

About 10 years ago we used to do call out work for a local agent at £40 each job. That was cheap then but all work was within  1/2 mile of his office which was 5 min drive from home and generally never took more than half an hour to complete. It led on to many bigger jobs.

The drive to do testing at £5 a circuit is getting crazy.  It seems to me that all these main contractors are taking on full FM jobs then trying to drive the price of every unit down. As NICEIC reccomend a max of 40 circuits a day how can the SME manage to make a living. I know good testers will do 80 a day if all centrally located and no access limitations.  I also seen a Edinburgh testing company offering £70 a property this includes PAT EICR fire check. . OK 70 IS LOW but it's companoes like this that are driving the testing sector down. Making there £ changing a socket or switch for £60 a time to make there real £ out the jobs 

How can the NICEIC recommend a maximum test rate of 40 circuits per day?

For an 8 hour day that works out at 12 minutes per circuit max.

Like to see somebody do that ...... All day

They are undermining the quality of the testing and the value of the reports....

Just saying

For me a 10 way board is a working day ... Or else it's not worth doing