DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.
Zeespark

Are we really cheapening ourselves THAT much?

Murdoch
4 minutes ago, Sharpend said:

Well the thing is, what are they expecting for this 16mins test? 

If they just want you to verify that there is a passable Zs then 16mins is plenty, however if they want a belt and braces test of integrity then 16mins may be no where near enough time. 

The other downside to this broadcasting of number of circuits per day malarkey is that unscrupulous ‘testing’ companies spring up and expect the same number of circuits tested per day without giving any consideration to traveling time between all the circuits, most domestic properties may have between 6-10 circuits so that’s at best 4 different properties to attend, familiarise yourself with, explain to customer etc etc. Is it any wonder why the good sparks are hammered when they’re having to compete not only against the unscrupulous but also those that are there to support us????? 

And when its a DIY paradise of changes it can easily take 1 hour to determine what circuits do what..... and this is just a house!

30 circuits per day is so misleading .........................................

Sharpend

I don’t disagree with you. This is why Lettings agents expect a bill of no more than £50 for a single house 

Murdoch
1 minute ago, Sharpend said:

I don’t disagree with you. This is why Lettings agents expect a bill of no more than £50 for a single house 

And this is why I don't do work for any lettings agents .... ............

Private landlords  - yes (at my "normal" rates)

MG201

I agree I know a company who had all the council houses to test in Dumfries and Galloway.  They were paying testers £42 at the top per house . Pure joke. But hey they did cover the digs. I heard that 1 guy took 15min to complete a test. Yup 15 min 

SPECIAL LOCATION
4 hours ago, MG201 said:

I agree I know a company who had all the council houses to test in Dumfries and Galloway.  They were paying testers £42 at the top per house . Pure joke. But hey they did cover the digs. I heard that 1 guy took 15min to complete a test. Yup 15 min 

BUT.....

Can you answer Murdoch's question to your statement....

Both NICEIC AND IET recomend  a max of 30 a day...

Please provide a link for this claim ...

:C