Hilmore EL25 shortie conduit mangler

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Home for the terminally bewildered, one step ahead
I have just acquired a EL25 Shortie conduit bender

unfortunately the grooved roller guide is missing

would one of you kind gentlemen be good enough ( if you have one ) to measure  yours and post some dimensions or PM me please?

then I can make one

i just need the overall diameter of the solid along with the groove diameter

thankmyou

....and the best/spookiest bit?

just done a job at a new clients ( BFO car body repair centre ) moving a Bradbury hydraulic 3 poster, new supply, scaffolding job etc

want me to go back next week and install a load of sockets in METAL CONDUIT..........reeeeeeesult!

first time in almost ten years  I have actually needed one ( I have muddled by with the Rigid hickey Sticks I posted pics of previously)

Makes me think of that advert  where the kid says  "   Accrington Stanley  Who are they ???"

Metal conduit !!! Whats that  !!  Hope you don't get those modern bushes that fall through a 20mm hole  and  are so thin  "   Some of these here politicians could 'a seen through 'em " 

Need any tallow???

Last edited by a moderator:
CEFs 20mm couplers were about twice the thickness than Screweys and had much thicker galv last time I bought some. Twice the price mind!

Don't forget your pliers for deburring!  :)

Bushking did both bush and locknut spanners I gave mine along with metric and imperial stocks and dies to Glennsparks.

As bush and locknut sizes got smaller the spanners became a finger trapper. It’s got to be 25 years since I last used them.

Remember metric/imperial conduit adapters?

Last edited by a moderator:
Remember metric/imperial conduit adapters?

Had to rake through my my odds and sods tray to find a 3/4 20mm adapter last year, found one as well. It was when I was rewiring my 1960's Colchester lathe, the motor had a 3/4" threaded entry into it.

Reckon I put that adapter in my odds and sods tray 30 years ago, that tray has got me out of a sticky situation on many occasions.

Lost my bush spanner the other day, think it was a bush king or a king dick? tango'd labourers probably chucked it the scrap pile, It wasn't that great for modern bushes anyway. was looking at the ck wrench when I came across this:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F161419045844

:)
I have a few ,bits from this bloke....Easylife tools.

all for conduit, bushes, locknuts

well designed and well made ....in Sheffield I think

I do not have THAT specific item as I have his other bush wrenches

I have a bushking wrench

had it for decades ..

DOESNT fit bushes now as they are too small !

WTAF!!

must dig out the stocks and dies also....I feel a workout coming on ( or coronary )

You stuck for a bush spanner? There were a couple in a box of goodies I inherited. Dead man's tools etc but I'm sure he's happy they're living again!