Not that stuff again !!!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doing some odd jobs in posh flat ...one was install a wall heated in the bathroom . 

Couldn't drill the tiles ...they were made of irradiated boron from the planet Krypton ,  only Superman can drill a hole with his xray vision .

As usual  never there when you want him  so my mate had to go out to Screwfix I think it was  ....£14  for  two diamond plated , No 8 masonary bits .  

Had this before on a bathroom refit ....where the hell do they get those tiles from ...Another galaxy ???  

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you buy the grinder version or drill version? We used the drill version and they struggled, got the grinder version with a guide jig and hey presto seconds to get a nice clean hole. 

I use those cheap as chips arrowhead tile drills from Screweys. Contrary to popular belief they drilled all the holes I needed in the porcelain tiles in our bathroom no bother, just took slightly longer than ceramic tiles.

I use those cheap as chips arrowhead tile drills from Screweys. Contrary to popular belief they drilled all the holes I needed in the porcelain tiles in our bathroom no bother, just took slightly longer than ceramic tiles.

+1. TS do them too. Think I've got up to 10mm.