Exploding glasses:

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony S

© Honorary Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sat at the PC my glasses went twang and the left lens fel out. I’ve got the screw and I’ve got the jeweller’s screwdrivers but I can’t see to put the damn thing back!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sat at the PC my glasses went twang and the left lens fl out. I’ve got the screw and I’ve got the jeweller’s screwdrivers but I can’t see to put the damn thing back!
That's the problem trying o fix your own glasses!  

My solution is to have plenty of pairs of the Pound Shop versions around.

Good for rough jobs too, such as crawling under the car when you don't want to risk damaging expensive glasses.

Sat at the PC my glasses went twang and the left lens fl out. I’ve got the screw and I’ve got the jeweller’s screwdrivers but I can’t see to put the damn thing back!
Make yourself an eye patch, put a small hole in it and you may be able to focus on your glasses.

Try it out by by making a fist leaving a small hole to look through . Your eye should focus on your fist and  you should be able to focus through your hand to the subject, bit like the old depth of field. 

:slap :slap   And  'aint it just the smallest screw in the world  .   Yep had just the same  , cannot see to fix it .   My PC desktop  monitor is 2 ft away , without reading glasses its all blurred  .

Make yourself an eye patch, put a small hole in it and you may be able to focus on your glasses.

Try it out by by making a fist leaving a small hole to look through . Your eye should focus on your fist and  you should be able to focus through your hand to the subject, bit like the old depth of field. 
Yes its really weird how that works . 

Has it helped you . :)

It works because your eye has focused on your skin so everything in front of that comes into focus . 

I’m long sighted in my right eye and extremely short sighted in my left eye. I’m running on the right side only at the moment. I’ve arranged for them to be repaired tomorrow, not by an optician but a retired electronics engineer.