Disable alarm

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gjs85

Reaction score
Hi,

We have an intellisense c023-203 alarm which we no longer use at all.

We would like to completely disable it and would be grateful if you could advise how to go about this or if we should just call somebody in.

Thanks.

Gareth.

youl probably need to be at the bellbox, so unless you have ladders then you will have to get someone. otherwise its just disconnect mains & batteries

Hi Andy,

Thanks for replying.

I can't easily get to the bellbox so do I just turn the electricity off and then where do I remove batteries from?  I think it might be hard wired to the electrics though is that a problem?

Cheers.

Gareth.

Hi Andy,

Thanks for replying.

I can't easily get to the bellbox so do I just turn the electricity off and then where do I remove batteries from?  I think it might be hard wired to the electrics though is that a problem?

Cheers.

Gareth.

one of the batteries is in the bellbox...

Remove the mains supply to the alarm, take the battery out of the panel and see what happens next. In theory the external sounder should operate for 20 minutes at most, so don't do it at night.

Remove the mains supply to the alarm, take the battery out of the panel and see what happens next. In theory the external sounder should operate for 20 minutes at most, so don't do it at night.

Did this a few years back for a customer, at their request, and 3 hours later (when I was leaving) the alarm was still going off!

Putting mains up the cable is not a good idea, I know some one who did it, the sounder stopped ok, because the fire that started burnt everything, they had to get a hose to put the fire out.