Tool bag indecision help!?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Right, that's it. I can't make my bloody mind up yet again!

Hoping the wise elders of this esteemed forum could point me in the right direction?

The thing is....

Doing a lot of site work at the moment and was using a dewalt trunk on wheels thing but that got irritating in the site box very quickly, then I got a bag from a company that no one has ever heard of based on some spurious reviews on Amazon and needless to say it lasted less than a month.

Got a refund but don't know where to go next.

Get a veto tech Pac and get mugged on the way home... but die happy.

Or

Get a facom or armeg tote bag that will break at some point and some of the stuff that's gone 'missing' in the past few months?

I can probably do without a bush spanner or a 13mm spanner for a few weeks but there are a few things that would make.my life easier.

:)

I have one of these https://www.powertoolmate.co.uk/Products/0040000a0003/EB%2FMIL48228200?

it has been a god send. I can get a drill and impact driver in the middle compartment and a whole range of smaller hand tools in the front pocket with drill bits etc in the inside front pocket. 

Its sturdy and has a hard base so won’t wear out or tear from constant rubbing on the floor. The stitching is good and the straps are well padded even when it’s filly loaded it’s comfortable - heavy but comfortable. 

Right....

brace yourself

i have probably had almost every tool,carrying system/bag that there is.

ranging from

ex MOD a gas mask bag

barn door

cantilever

wheeled box

ditto with drawer and lift off top box

plastic bucket

canvas bucket

canvas tote

backpack

GST Turtle case

pelicases

etc etc

the  best by far is the Veto Pro Pak

i have three

an Xc?

a tote

an Air Con one....MC?

must have had them 3 years and they are bomb proof so far

the turtle case is a godsend for carting stuff across town when parking is a mare, or for wheeling around factories/Data centres BUT is a biatch for anything else

No idea what some of those things are TBH   ,  I've used this basic toolbox for the last 20 years  , the one with the tea on it ....red steel one at the back is my mate's  and there are two more at the back doors .    

I tend ,  nowadays,  not to carry anything not needed  ....but I'm not working as you guys do any more  ...it gets done at my speed now  or not at all . 

Back o the van ..jpg

Veto Tech XL best bag I have ever owned going on 6 years old only the strap showing signs of wear. Going to buy the Tech OT-MC next.

Looks like a Zag box Deke, had mine for years as well, did have to make a new handle for it a few years back as I stood on it with the handle up and broke it.  Good boxes.

I’ve been using a shopping trolley from Morison’s for the last eight years. It hasn’t moved far in that time.
OOOh yes  that was the trick when we did a long stint of work at a local university  ,    you can walk miles there so get a supermarket trolley for getting round the campus . And as they were like gold , a padlock & chain  too.