Today's EICR Someone needs a digger.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Asked to check the wiring at the local clay pigeon club.

Clubhouse was fine, but then I inspected the traps. First 3 were fine, fed with SWA (presumed buried at correct depth) and tested ok.

Trap 4 fed with YY that came up through a large white pipe (source not yet found) and found not to have any earth, and nothing in that trap earthed.  And from here, a bit of 1.5mm flex disappears into the ground (containment if any not visible) and appears in trap 5 some 50 metres away.

They can't understand the problem. "it works"

Issue the EICR with the relevant C2's with your invoice and walk away ............

Its up to them if they want to act on your findings ..........................

They phoned me back yesterday suggesting I fix the wiring in the first trap and they will run the second one from an "extension lead"  Why am I thinking they mean put a plug on the bit of flex buried in the ground and call it an extension lead?

Yes the traps are mechancal, but powered by electricity, They seem to be 12V so all that is in each trap is a battery charger, and some electronics to trigger the trap from the shooting stand.