2-port motorised valve replacement.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPECIAL LOCATION

Trailer Boy - Electrician.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got a customer with a big old house and various 2-port motorised valves.

Each wired from their own little FCU connected via a thermostat in room to turn rads in that room on/off.

One valve appears to be not working... I have checked all electrics.. all seems good but the valve would appear to be doing nothing.

Needs new valve.. which is no problem for me do, BUT the existing valve is an old one AND it is connected onto 15mm (or probably imperial sizes its an old valve!) pipes.

Not your typical 22mm 2-port motorised jobbie! :(

I had a quick look.. but thought perhaps you could point in the best direction to get a 2-port motorised valve with 15mm pipe connections.

any links?

Thanx:)

Got a customer with a big old house and various 2-port motorised valves.Each wired from their own little FCU connected via a thermostat in room to turn rads in that room on/off.

One valve appears to be not working... I have checked all electrics.. all seems good but the valve would appear to be doing nothing.

Needs new valve.. which is no problem for me do, BUT the existing valve is an old one AND it is connected onto 15mm (or probably imperial sizes its an old valve!) pipes.

Not your typical 22mm 2-port motorised jobbie! :(

I had a quick look.. but thought perhaps you could point in the best direction to get a 2-port motorised valve with 15mm pipe connections.

any links?

Thanx:)
Here we go mate mate. :D

Specs - have you thought of getting a standard 22mm and a couple of 15mm to 22mm adaptors?

I have worked on 5/8" black poly pipe and adapters are easily available to metric, you shouldn't have any problems there.

BES are good, but don't have 15mm zone valve (but if it's not 15mm pipe you don't actually want a 15mm one anyways?!)

Me thinks you need to decide what size existing pipework is! No?

:)

it will be the motor change this and should be fine.

http://www.avenuesupplies.co.uk/index.php?id=430&pid=1592&sid=1

Part Number 40002737003
1592.jpg

tennerish on ebay

even better. only 2 thing go wrong eiter the mtor ar micro switch.. i have never had a switch go .. takes 5 min to swop the motor.

Here we go mate mate. :D
X(

1/ Mr Admin that yellow shirt don't suit you...

2/ that blue cap don't suit you...

3/ your putting on a bit too much tele-tubby around the old belly there!

4/ I walked all the way up that ruddy hill..... with me short legs... and that bloomin plumbers closed down and gone!!!!:_|X( X(

5/ I am going to ask Admin2 to give YOU a dose of my medication cuz i think you is gewing kompletly saft:p:p:p:p

]:) :eek:

it will be the motor change this and should be fine. http://www.avenuesupplies.co.uk/index.php?id=430&pid=1592&sid=1

Part Number 40002737003
1592.jpg

tennerish on ebay
Thanks m8 BUT it ain't that easy:(

If it was just one of them motors I would have done that...

But this is a really, really old valve... forgot to take a picture...

but is most certainly hasn't got a standard motor or switch in it! :_| :_|

I assume then that valves with 15mm pipe outlets are as rare as unicorns and hens teeth?

:|

sounds like a panda.............
or some fancy satnav gadget to tell you where you have left the apprentice...

Just follow the directions from your "Mate-Mate"

at the next door turn left..

follow the stairs to the top..

at the landing turn right..

climb loft ladder..

apprentice is sleeping in corner of loft.

Journey complete!

:coat

Thanks m8 BUT it ain't that easy:(If it was just one of them motors I would have done that...

But this is a really, really old valve... forgot to take a picture...

but is most certainly hasn't got a standard motor or switch in it! :_| :_|

I assume then that valves with 15mm pipe outlets are as rare as unicorns and hens teeth?

:|
They are available

http://heating.danfoss.com/xxTypex/30656_MNU17408040_SIT54.html

http://www.mytub.co.uk/product_information.php?product=315277

http://www.heatingcontrolsonline.co.uk/danfoss-randall-hpv15-port-valve-body-p-164.html

Have you tried a plumbers merchant?

Specs - have you thought of getting a standard 22mm and a couple of 15mm to 22mm adaptors? :)
Applaud Smiley:)

This may well be what it finally comes too!

but I was just trying to see is someone knew a link for 15mm valves..

and you've been pushy shovey again!

Last edited by a moderator:
Applaud Smiley:)This may well be what it finally comes too!

but I was just trying to see is someone knew a link for 15mm valves..

and youve been pushy shovey again!
:D

of course

did you see me links on bottom of last page?

i have never seen 15mm 2 ports.

i would imagine if you looked closely they are reduced into the valve.

fitting needed would be a yorkshire yp6 15 to 22 reducer

i have never seen 15mm 2 ports.i would imagine if you looked closely they are reduced into the valve.

fitting needed would be a yorkshire yp6 15 to 22 reducer
Neither had I:(

tis why I asked on here....

If I get chance I will try to get back and get a photographic image to post here so as we can all see it in all its glory! :| :D

Latest posts