Spurs Ground

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just seen this posted on another site, its for the new Spurs ground. Blue  Duck may be amused at this,

**New Requirements**

20 x JIB Electricians - 12 Hour Shifts - 360 Per Shift - North London
20 x ECS Electrical Mates - 12 Hour Shifts - 200 Per Shift - North London

Work is 4-6 Weeks Long Initially!! Must have valid ECS/JIB Card!! Pay Weekly!!

I may have worked there for a bit....  :innocent

It was a bit of a shambles TBH, lots of suspect specs and people deliberately sabotaging stuff which took forever to sort out.

The company I was working for got pumped along with a load of others for not meeting impossible targets.

Wouldn't work there again... felt like a forced labour camp.

I know a few people that were working there, might give them a call to see how it's going. :lol:

I've seen some of the stuff behind the scenes!!!

The job is goosed, from what I heard it is so far away from compliant with fire regs & stuff, it is unbelievably dangerous.

We were told not to share images of the site, I have some of really poor work on critical systems.

The fire alarm commissioner was from your neck of the woods @Sidewinder, Newport I think. 

Lots of money grabbing going on allowed the unskilled to do majority of the work, the firm I was working for only had 2 sparks and a supervisor for 50 odd people on a huge site  :shakehead

I don't know what will happen TBH, it should not open until it is safe.

Breaches in fire compartments, unsafe supports for services, systems not wired with the correct cable...

I don't know what will happen TBH, it should not open until it is safe.

Breaches in fire compartments, unsafe supports for services, systems not wired with the correct cable...
What a disgrace  !!     Sounds like penny pinching .   Surely a job like that should have been a firm like N.G. Bailey  or similar .    Not an agent pulling in a load of untrained subbies. 

I wondered why they were playing at Wembley. !

Confirmed with a mate that there is a mad rush on the fire alarm system.

The main subcontractor is one of the major suppiers of of fire alarm equipment and the subbies are any old fool willing to throw themselves into that fire.

One issue that I recall was that 150x150 boxes were specified, all thrown up and tubed, then suddenly they needed to be 150x75 which was a lot harder to recifiy with all the other services and containment in the way.

Had these issues on other jobs but on a site of that size it becomes a nightmare!