House alarm fault

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anne Madill

Reaction score
Hi my house alarm a C & K security alarm has started to beep continuously  at the control panel the TPR light is also lit - I have tried to see if there is a battery / fuse that needs replacing - but can’t locate these.My outside alarm is not going off.I have tried resetting the alarm with no success either.Any advice most welcome 

Hi what area are you from it could be any manner of things but my first guess would be the panel battery back up unit has lost its ability to hold a charge or the tamper could be the switch in the bell box possibly caused by the damp weather corroding the micro switch post the area your from and someone maybe able to call round to check it out 

TPR  would be the Tamper circuit   .    

Not familiar with that panel but could be as the Badger said ,  the tamper sw in the outside bell,  / a wire could be damaged  in the house  /  a detector could be showing a tamper fault /   the back up battery may be dead  .

Is the mains power showing on the panel. ?  

Have you got a booklet for the system ,  it may tell you what that actually means ?      Or try online for one .

If you have opened up the main panel to look for a battery, that will most likely have activated a tamper signal. Your system may be programmed so that only an engineers code will clear the tamper alarm. In which case your normal user code will not reset the system. Do you have the user guide and the programming guide book for the system? or just the user guide? Or nothing at all? How long has the system been installed and working?

Doc H. 

Hi guys I got a G tag control panel,when I changed the blown fuse the control panel nows says tamper 01 94 asking for a code which I don't know can anyone help thanks