Better service than the council !!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another clear out in the Evans Electric storage facility   ( OK  its the garage )  Barbecue  rusting away there so rather than drag it through the house , in the van , drive around the service gully , place barbecue on grass verge , return van , walk down to the house  .....its GONE !!!     5 mins .  

Still doing the "  Oooh that might come in handy one day "  nonsense .  Managed to fill a black bag  ...kept a 12 way plastic  Curve board  :C .

Kept a Sprecher Schur  415V  contactor and some 24V   relays  :C   

Why do we do it ?  

Image031 (4).jpg

I heard the best way to get rid of an old fridge is put it by your gate with a sign on it saying £10

That will guarantee it has gone by the next morning.

Not by me Dave  ,  the motor will disappear , releasing the gases and then it'll sit there forever .

This one was dumped at the top of my road  next to the service road  ,, there for two weeks ,  motor gone,  no one does anything so I  had to photo it and send to the council , have to say it was gone in two days .

Thing is once something is dumped , others follow suit .   

Photo0595.jpg

Way better than the council, No questions to answer, No booking appointments no nonsense just leave it outside and it's gone sometimes in less than 5 mins.

Caught my mate loading up his car with old radiators, 'WTGrape you doing with them mate'? "Taking them down to the dump'. 'You're mad, on a Saturday, No chance. just leave em outside and they'll be gone in half hour'.

20 mins later job done! 

I have a scrap dealer about a mile away.

Radiators. or any other metal just drop in. (Not fridges, because recycling costs more than their value.)

They pay out if there is £10 worth. By law this has to be into a bank account; cash is forbidden.

Less, and it goes on the slate, (literally), so you can take more scrap within a reasonable time and claim the payout.

By law this has to be into a bank account; cash is forbidden.
The scrappy I go to with cable ,  a while back now,   had my ID  , and a letterhead  , they check details on their records when I drop off .

I noticed that now  ...they have a cheque  clearing place over the road ...I presume if you have no bank accounts  it cashes your cheque  ( for a fee)  and gives out cash .   

They are the main dealers for scrapping cars ,  big mountain of them waiting for the crusher .    They take anything saleable off first of course , good place for headlamps , rear lights etc. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to like putting old items in the service lane at my previous house, and seeing how long they took to disappear. It was a great area for service lanes so very popular with rag and bone types. 

How would you know that unless you’re the outcast?

The Ass has returned .. 

Mad_Max_3_Beyond_Thunderdome_1.jpg.4445910af7720af304879f8fcd531178.jpg