Retained firefighters

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im sorry andy it doesnt. lol.

Just an idea for u lads maybe work is short and if u have a local retained station in ur town, village maybe they could do with self employed workers. To help with cover to provide around ur town it gives ur self pride in knowin u are helpin ur community and whilst earnin a couple of quid.

U can have orange ones if u wnt patch, i know doctors have green im sure vets can have green not sure though.

U can have orange ones if u wnt patch, i know doctors have green im sure vets can have green not sure though.
(embarrassed as I am to admit it - I looked into this)

Only registered GP and doctors responding to an emergency call can have green lights (vets allowed green lights in some parts of Europe)

I'd only be allowed to display an orange light when stationary - illegal unless I was a slow moving vehicle (I am not ;) ), recovery vehicle towing another vehicle etc. Anyone can display an orange flashing light to draw attention to a hazard if stationary

Blushing

Problem is, if you get a call, how do you abandon job part finished????
We have some of our farmer clients who are retained firefighters. More men are on duty than are required to crew the engine and they page everyone - the first (5?) that get there go. You have to let them know if you will be unavailable or out of the area.

I was once going to operate on a cow with a twisted stomach - had her anaesthatised and on her back. Farmer's pager went off, he got up, said he had a call, would ring his brother and left.

I had to wait 15 minutes for some help to get on with the operation!

:D

We have some of our farmer clients who are retained firefighters. More men are on duty than are required to crew the engine and they page everyone - the first (5?) that get there go. You have to let them know if you will be unavailable or out of the area. I was once going to operate on a cow with a twisted stomach - had her anaesthatised and on her back. Farmer's pager went off, he got up, said he had a call, would ring his brother and left.

I had to wait 15 minutes for some help to get on with the operation!

:D
Pull the Udder one Patch. Do you expect us to believe that? :D

Ur knowledge is good patch lol.

Good joke admin :)

Well Binky i know wht u mean but maybe customers might understand the situation but then there are some who may not.

But u can always put it in ur contract of works about being on call and if they object just do wht patch said and make ur self unavaliable from a call.

I believe he has one after lunch, Patch.

Been doing some more revising. But I had to have a break from it. :_|

The forum is going good we keep gettin the members in everyday, got a bit of spam on the site at the moment but i think the guys are sortin that.

The forum is going good we keep gettin the members in everyday, got a bit of spam on the site at the moment but i think the guys are sortin that.
You will always get that Mate. I had a lot on here to deal with when I first set it up.

Got a way of dealing with them though;)

I will PM you.