On site guide

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deano93

Reaction score
Can anyone advise me . I am half way through my electrician course and I have been sent out the yellow on site guide and I noticed that there is a new book out now but my collage won't send me the new one . Does anyone know if there are many changes to the new book I don't want to be reading something that has changed 

Thanks 

Well,apparently there are enough changes in it that they say I have to do a 3 day update course!

one of our esteemed members @Sidewinder is doing a series of articles on the relevant changes 

in my opinion the college should be using the new book as that is what we will,all be using n 17 weeks anyway

That's stalled a bit because the IET document I was working from doesn't have all the changes highlighted!!!

Sorry.

I will try and sort something, bit of a busy spell at work at the moment.

A friend of mine has done some YouTube video's on the changes:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWLwXHMTmD7qVZ4X2e0pEOg

Purchasing the 18th edition and OSG isn't optional if you are studying ................ its essential.

The powers that be decide every 3 years that their profits have dipped so dream up all sorts of extremely minor changes and then we have no option to buy ............ in any other business it would be a cartel.

Purchasing the 18th edition and OSG isn't optional if you are studying ................ its essential.

The powers that be decide every 3 years that their profits have dipped so dream up all sorts of extremely minor changes and then we have no option to buy ............ in any other business it would be a cartel.

It's been the same since before WW II though Murdoch, so it's not a new thing this 3 year cycle.

Most standards are on a 3 year review cycle, and the changes reflect the technological changes in the field if there are any.

It's been the same since before WW II though Murdoch, so it's not a new thing this 3 year cycle.

Most standards are on a 3 year review cycle, and the changes reflect the technological changes in the field if there are any.

The manufacturers on the committees associated with JPEL / 64 push for changes

we will never agree ...... every 5 years maybe .....better still 7 years ,...... but 3 , that’s just taking the pass ....

im guessing you must be one of those with their noses in the trough

The manufacturers on the committees associated with JPEL / 64 push for changes

we will never agree ...... every 5 years maybe .....better still 7 years ,...... but 3 , that’s just taking the pass ....

im guessing you must be one of those with their noses in the trough

Having met Mr sidewinder, I can assure you he is not, in fact, the total opposite.

To make a difference you need to be in a position of some influence and that would require networking with the powers that be to get your points across.

Little point in making negative comments and casting aspersions on an internet forum, they will not hear you from down here!