PC lives to fight another day but ......

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
touch wood , humming along  at a decent speed ......so I decide to  have a clean up  ,  tidied up  Documents  etc , dumped  old  stuff which must clog up the memory .  Even links to games  from my first  provider ,  Wanadoo   ( Dreadful)   then Orange  ( even worse)   .  

Anyway I discover that my browser doesn't clear it's   browsing  memory  ...whys that ?   ......  yes  I can clear everything from the begining of time and beyond   ..then an hour later it all comes back .   The browser is Opera .    I  opened Google   yesterday ,  history went back forever  ,  cleared the lot  and it's still gone .   

Its virtually the same as Google  ...I cleared Opera an hour ago and its all back again .  :C

Last edited by a moderator:
Some free software called CCcleaner will get rid of all the junk from your PC. Temp files etc.. 

Just remember your passwords to websites as it will clear all of that info out too. 

Some free software called CCcleaner will get rid of all the junk from your PC. Temp files etc.. 

Just remember your passwords to websites as it will clear all of that info out too. 
Is there any way on Firefox to clear the cache, without clearing saved passwords? it seems to be clear everything or nothing.

Hi Rob ,   I was advised to try CC Clear  prior to the last PC disaster ..and yes it did a big clearout  ...but also caused my  earlier problems I think . 

The main problem was , I  get a  warning from Microsoft saying I have no Firewall in place , upon checking  I find that Norton has been wiped out . 

I spent about  four days , re-install it all good ...next  day it had gone again ...took a week ....had to get Norton special agent guy  to install it in the end .  

So although CClear  scoured all the carp out  as it says it does , I deleted it ,  I noticed that hung around for a while also ,  before finally packing it's bag .  

Hi Rob ,   I was advised to try CC Clear  prior to the last PC disaster ..and yes it did a big clearout  ...but also caused my  earlier problems I think . 

The main problem was , I  get a  warning from Microsoft saying I have no Firewall in place , upon checking  I find that Norton has been wiped out . 

I spent about  four days , re-install it all good ...next  day it had gone again ...took a week ....had to get Norton special agent guy  to install it in the end .  

So although CClear  scoured all the carp out  as it says it does , I deleted it ,  I noticed that hung around for a while also ,  before finally packing it's bag .  

It can be quite savage in what it deletes if you don't apply filters. 

On the other hand, I've found Norton itself to cause nothing but trouble. 

A lot of people  have said that ,  specially Lurch  ( I think)  who used to be on here ....as you know  I'm no expert but  I've  used it since 2007  and experienced no problems .  It seems to sit there doing it's job . 

Can't be that bad can it ?     

When I changed provider from Orange  I was told  BT was rubbish ...it may be more expensive  but it only failed once with a  problem on my line .   

My cousin advised me to try CClean   and like a couple of other things he recommended  ,   they caused a  right  load of trouble .

He has them with no problem .  

Last edited by a moderator: