Neighbours Eh!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Across the road  Will the jeweller is having a tree stump removed in the grass verge  , his neighbour  , "The Cleanest Car in the World"  is out sweeping with the stump crew filming him on their phone , I'm guessing he's complained  as he's not reacting with them . 

Now "Trigger " , 3 doors down  ,  always finishes work at lunch time , visits 3 pubs  and the betting shop ,  is rolling home  with that glazed look on his face. .... Oops  !  up the wrong path...   Ah  now he's spotted his own house .....Aaaaaand  he's  in . 

Theres Mrs "Keys in Gob"  ,,  shes OK  but  Mr Keys  ignores everyone .            Hyacynth opposite is home early , also never speaks  ....I think it 'coz I'zz white .  Speaks   to my immediate neighbour  but thats 'coz  they 'aint white.     Big John the Sikh  just off to start another long shift , cheffing ,  he,s fine  .  

Just starting my own soap opera. 

Last edited by a moderator:
We have 

nextbdoor on one side.   💩For brains and her hubby dingbat

nextdoor other side  Mad George and the morons

across the road

the Old lady

The horrid man and his hooker wife

the not old lady

the night shift....lived there two years and not opened the curtains yet 

the Slapper and her daughter Slapette

Gobby Southerner

And living all around these neighbours are a bunch of ‘curtain twitchers’ that go under the name of ‘sparkies’  :coat
Pshhh curtain twitchers no sparky would be caught dead doing that! We fit cctv instead so we can be nosey from the comfort of our favourite chair.

The  jeweller ,Will   and Mrs jeweller  Tina  are nice folk , always wave or  pass the time of day ......The Cleanest Car in the World  will look up & look away .

Also we used to have , The Shouter ... The Odd Couple ....  Scooby Doo  & Mrs Doo  ...and opposite me , a carpenter / builder I work with sometimes  , Pat Without the Hat and his son Ade  our  one time apprentice   . ...their neighbour , Runaround Sue  has now left  and an Indian girl is moving who seems nice.  

Almost forgot  ...The Beverley Hillbillys   and The Boings   :C  

Last edited by a moderator:
we have a new neighbour - moved down from London area, typical southerner, hardly get a word out of him! 

I've just come back from a holiday in Cornwall - always makes me laugh when walking the dog that those from the home counties are scared to stop and chat or even just say hello when you walk past them. (Even funnier when Ruby, my Jack Russell, sees off their black labrador that was stupid enough to try and bounce on her head  :innocent )

I'm a northerner, born and bred and proud of it. Even in this notoriously friendly part of the world it concerns me that so many people passing by these days avoid eye contact and even ignore a cheery, "good morning/evening, etc".  

WHY?  Is it a lingering memory of their mums telling them not to talk to strangers, or what?  

I notice that too Geoff .     Brummies are friendly   its finding one here thats the problem !!      

I find most youngsters  are lacking in people skills  after growing up staring their cell phones . 

Latest posts