Career from computer operator to electrician

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

viorelflower

Reaction score
I got my electronics degree from highschool and I just realised that this degree has nothing to do with electronicists.Why can't you give me all of you advices in learning AC or electromagnetic notions?Telling me that I'm not suited for this job is discrimination.Could you tell me your reasons and explicate them for me?That would be a lot better than to throw words at me for no reason.It is true that I'm not as mature as you are but that doesn't mean that you have treat me like I am a nobody.

Still living in a different country? 
That's not funny.Why can't you give me an advice about developing  my skills.For example I wanted to know why I couldn't use what I know from electronics in the electrical industry and you didn't answered me that.Also,I am not talking to myself,I am talking to everyone from here that was an electrician.Is it really hard to tell me how you could learn AC by a  joule thief circuit or by an inverter.You could also be more kind to me(I mean all of the users) because I'm a learning person and I like to learn new things.Other replies from you that could have been useful would be to explain to me the difference between the active,reactive and passive power in the electrical circuits.

Who are you talking to?
To all of you who are or were electricians in the industry.

you. you are not an electrician. you have done at most an electronics course, so whilst you may know how to connect a few diodes & resistors together, maybe scrabble together a basic circuit with a 555, this is no where near being an electrician, its completely different, and somethign you dont seem to be able to understand

you. you are not an electrician. you have done at most an electronics course, so whilst you may know how to connect a few diodes & resistors together, maybe scrabble together a basic circuit with a 555, this is no where near being an electrician, its completely different, and somethign you dont seem to be able to understand
I soldered 3 resistors in series and parallel but I don't know how to connect a copper wire with a diode,transistor because I've never seen a conductor in my life.I only know that the material you use is copper but I have no idea how to take a PCB and connect all these components.I'm not an electronicist and what my degree says is computer operator(I have no idea what this means and I really want to change whatever this degree means).

they are basic electronic components... something that you should know very well if you have a degree in electronics
I've graduated highschool and not the electronics course....Also when I was in that camp(from the older locked thread) someone told us that we electronicists can become low voltage electricians.Is that true?

Last edited by a moderator: