DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.

Krobertz

I am in the market looking for a dehumidifier for my new crawlspace home .

I am interested as to whether any of you currently installed, what brand, if it works at low temperatures, and other insights or tips. The builder I talked about tells you that he regularly installs them regularly after closing all openings. I have read, however, that most are not rated for operating below 50 degrees or so. I believe that crawling can be colder than in winter.

thanks in advance

ProDave

You will have to translate this please.

I know what a crawl space is, but not a "crawlspace home"  And cannot fathom why you want a dehumidifier in a crawl space, if the house is built right there will be no warm moist air getting into the crawl space.

Andy™

he's american and has recently taken over the crawlspace of someone else's house as his own home, and now wants to know what dehumidifier to use?

ProDave

So he has a house you can only crawl around in?

Andy™
3 minutes ago, ProDave said:

So he has a house you can only crawl around in?

sounds like it. probably alright if youre a dwarf (or verticaly challenged or whatever the correct term is these days)

Geoff1946

I'm a bit suspicious of some recent postings on here. Are they serious or a windup, troll, or whatever?

However, to treat the question seriously, if you want to de-humidify a cool space then you need a absorption type dehumidifier as opposed to the refrigeration type. 

kerching

:popcorn