Crawlspace dehumidifiers

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krobertz

Reaction score
I am in the market looking for a dehumidifier for my new crawlspace home .

I am interested as to whether any of you currently installed, what brand, if it works at low temperatures, and other insights or tips. The builder I talked about tells you that he regularly installs them regularly after closing all openings. I have read, however, that most are not rated for operating below 50 degrees or so. I believe that crawling can be colder than in winter.

thanks in advance

You will have to translate this please.

I know what a crawl space is, but not a "crawlspace home"  And cannot fathom why you want a dehumidifier in a crawl space, if the house is built right there will be no warm moist air getting into the crawl space.

he's american and has recently taken over the crawlspace of someone else's house as his own home, and now wants to know what dehumidifier to use?

I'm a bit suspicious of some recent postings on here. Are they serious or a windup, troll, or whatever?

However, to treat the question seriously, if you want to de-humidify a cool space then you need a absorption type dehumidifier as opposed to the refrigeration type.