How to become a sparks mate/electrician?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dm92

Reaction score
Hey guys, new member here, looking for some help.

Any advice on how to go about being a sparks mate, or preferably a spark from scratch? Which qualifications would I need?

Thanks in advance!

We get this question a lot , its been covered in many threads  if you take a look round .

But you 're also entitled to some advice .

Give us some info on yourself  , age , qualifications , experience .       If you're a youngster I should warn you that apprenticeships are difficult to find ...whatever the government may spout . 

Put some info in and you'll get some good advice coming back , its what we do . 

I’m 26 mate, dropped out school with 2 GCSEs(intelligent man, but not got the paper to show it) due to getting in with the wrong crowd, done joinery for 3 years(not through college), then the recession came.

in 2011 I did the NC electrical engineering, then 2012 did the HNC electrical engineering, but had to pull out due to a death in the family which couldn’t let me focus on the job at hand so couldn’t sit the test even though I was very capable of doing the work. Currently been labouring for 2 years labouring and need to learn something before it’s too late.

Last edited by a moderator: