Unite trade union

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M107

Billy-the-Kid
Reaction score
Just a warning to the unwary or new kids on the block  out there....

So now this lot  (Unite trade union) are on the whole " we can send thousands of customers your way for a fee"

Just had a call trying to hard sell their new all singing all dancing idea of .....

• You get access to their social media & the all new GPS active system that will only put customers in your area to you.
  • You will be the only electrical company in the area on the list
  • You will have access to a unite customer base of 1000's
  • They will twice a month email all their unite members reminding them they can take advantage off such trades using the unite discount scheme. 

As the company you only have to

• Offer free quotations.
  • Offer discount to unite members that produce  unite membership details.
  • Oh yes & the obligatory fee for them giving you work & using their media platforms
  •  

The fee started off at £899 she didn't get a chance to offer any reductions I did politely say no thank you (Mrs107 keeps on at me how angry I sound on the phone to cold calls from sales centres so I was trying to make a change) but she kept on ................so..... she got the big FOXTROT OSCAR tablet along with the whole rant on how parasitic their type of companies are selling this worthless ****e to tradesmen...............I won she hung up  :D .

I find it interesting that a union which by default is ‘for everyone’ can guarantee that your company is the only one in that area on their list, so conflict of interest in moral terms??

why didn’t you explain that in a contract there is a requirement for both parties to each have their own requirements/terms/interests written into the agreement/contract for it to be a legal contract otherwise it’s not a contract, you can then list your requirements, one being they pay you a retainer for your services equal to the fee???