School homework

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M107

Billy-the-Kid
Reaction score
So my lad has come home & is cracking on with his citizenship home work................blimey how homework has changed since my days at school.

Anybody want to have a crack &  answer the questions  :wacko:

Using the Source ( https://www.easterneye.biz/more-than-half-of-british-asians-toned-down-asian-identity-to-fit-in/) and your own knowledge, consider these questions:

1.Suggest two issues that British Asians may face in the UK when trying to maintain their Asian identity.

2.Suggest how the information in the source may argue against British Values.

3.The source suggests it is difficult to live with multiple identities in the UK. Discuss whether you believe this to be the case, trying to give other examples to support your answer.

1)a) their position/identity has changed due  to the rise of Islamic extremists. 

b) the rise in immigrants/attitudes from some Asian areas has made the British Asians more fearful. 

2) the source actually supports original British values, sadly it is the liberalisation of the British psyche that has changed British values and subsequently changed what is considered to be a Value. 

3) the source is in fact correct, multiple cultures will, by default, cause friction and tensions. Our culture is our culture it is what our country was developed with, new entrants to our culture should respect our culture and be seen to fit in with it, I sure as hell know they expect us to fit in with theirs if we’re in their country if origin. 

It’s not that different cultures can’t be had but should be practised within the four walls of their own homes not used to rub our noses in it. It’s no good wanting all the benefits of our way of living -the western culture, yet despising the very essence that brought our culture to what it is today.

If you are in anyway offended by my answers then it’s your problem as it’s your conscious that’s not comfortable with it not mine. 

Haven't the Swedes far right just made major gains? Proposal I think that immigrants sign up and adhere to Swedish cultural values or FO. How it should be here. 

Can't be a "country" if everyone in it is singing from a majorly different hymn sheet. Common values promote a national identity. In the Russian Army if you don't like pork you go hungry. If you refuse to wash the barracks floor as it's "women's work" then the other squaddies use you as a human mop to clean the floor including the lavs. Apparently you don't object a second time! :) (I work with some Russians). Go VVP!

multiple cultures will, by default, cause friction and tensions.
Exactly right but none  of our governments could ever see that .         So they thought , let us have unlimited immigration , let us create  culture ghettoes  within our cities  and cause friction where there once was none .  

Remember, even  a  British born black  person of West Indian descent  is not welcome  in Jamaica .    So it works both ways