Does anyone know what the following means ?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can see  3 downloads  for the same thing  .     logmein.rescue.inc        I Googled it but am none the wiser to be honest .  Where did it come from  I ask ?    Why is it there 3 times , all the same kb  size ?      Is it important or can I just   get rid of it ?     I've not opened it  .  

Logmein is remote desktop control software often used by Indian scammers.

The dot inc file extension could be a java file, possibly a sneaky bit of code.

Can you identify the file without double clicking on it? 

Have you looked at your download history to see where it came from? 

Lastly check your antivirus is up to date and if you can scan the file? 

What anti virus or internet security are you running?
Norton  .   And I think you just answered my question   .               I looked at the dates  and remembered having  that previous problem  after downloading  CCleaner  & some malware thing  recommended by my cousin  .    The cleaned up the PC  OK  ...I then had a box up from  Windows  saying "You have no firewall operating "  

When I checked for the Norton firewall  , there was no Norton and every time I re-installed it  ,  it wasn't there the next day .

I got rid of the  malware  & the Ccleaner   but after a week  of Norton taking me through it  it wouldn't stay  so I had to get their  Tech guys to take control  of my PC  , and it took three attempts  , which took forever .   They said it was the malware thing .  

So those downloads are the three attempts .    Thanks Murdo  for jogging my brain .  Not forgetting Dave & the Duck  of course.

I'm a sparkie and a computer techie.  If you give me a personal message I can chat about it and should be able to help.

Says-Les