just loving gas meter fitters

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That type of unprofessional, uncaring poor workmanship really annoys me, as well as people who drop litter, put them in the stocks on a Saturday morning I say.

It makes you think ...has someone said   " Cut 'em off they're not important "      How about the scenario of some current passing dawn that cable , which is resting against the gas pipe  , it starts to arc  onto the pipe and eventually erodes a hole  and the spark ignites the gas  and the gas main blows up .   

i suspect they just aren't supplied earth clamps, so if existing clamp is corroded in place on a bit of pipe they needed to change, they just cut them off.

oddly enough, I think they did do something like that - I'm not sure as got I asked by the property manager to check these out, via one of the property owners.

We live in strange times .   

I posted this before  but this reminded me .    I 'm   working at a posh house  in Moseley  ,  bit of dado trunking  , forming an office  .    A guy appears  ..."You the sparks"    

"Yes "   

"Gas fitter , boiler maintenance ......  that earth connection to meter in the corridor .....it's  more than the  prescribed measurement from the meter  ...you'll have to re -do it "  

"I didn't do it mate "

"Doesn't matter  its gotta be done "  

"Well do it then if it worries you   'cos I don't give a shytte "  

"Huh  no talking to some "

Thing is ,  I don't drive round Birmingham  looking for gas meter earth bonds to  put right ....this guy was like one of the old Midlands  Electricity Board   men with his attitude.  

re-wired a house once. Guy was having a new gas supply. So I ran the bonding cable out to said position. Gas fitter turned up and fitted the meter. Not the bonding ( i wasn't on site AND had left a clamp attached to the cable). Fitter left saying he wouldn't turn the supply on as it wasn't bonded!!