Cell Phones

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Listening on radio to the debate  on phone companies who continue to charge you for your phone , long after it's paid for and is yours.  

A guy called in , on a contract , paying about   £38  a month  .  I thought blimey , I pay  about £5.50   a month  :C with free calls to 0121  numbers .    Our landline costs a fortune in comparison . 

Another thought crossed my mind ...they do that sometimes ....  what happened to BT  in that market ?  Were they called Cellnet  once ?     

And on the subject ,  what would be a  good pointy finger phone with the large screen  to buy  ,   no frills or apps  , just a large screen and makes phone calls .   And how durable are they ? 

Last edited by a moderator:
I pay £5 per month for my mobile with more minutes than I will ever use.

I have not made a phone call on the landline for ages, it is too expensive, and if you buy a call package (more expensive than the mobile) there are far too many types of call not included.

TIP:

If you are with BT for your landline, at next renewal, point out that Plusnet will do landline and unlimited broadband for £23.99  BT will match it.

Last edited by a moderator:
my current phone...  (and the last one I think?)

is on a split contract thing with separate bills for handset & airtime...

The handset bit ran for 24 months, (now expired)...

So my current bill is just the airtime  calls & data etc..

but the calltime has 200 free minutes per  month anyway..

and as most calls are incoming I don't often go over the 200mins anyway.

I did persue  that ,     didn't get it down to Plusnet price , but their  speed is slower it would appear .    Also  BT seem to own Plusnet   :C    and EE .

So I should  get slightly faster speed  for £12  less