One of those can't find anything days.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roys

Gold Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
 Having one of those 24 hour time slots where I can't find anything.

Last night need my engineers V block for a wee project, no idea where it is, not in the lathe tool drawer where it should be.

This morning, can't find the nut driver that goes into the battery drill for putting in those roofing sheeting screws with the rubber washer, should be in its wee tub of miscellaneous screwdriver bits.

Then went to my tool bag and one of my two Bahco 10" shifters is missing, what's going on!!!!

I am quite particular about putting stuff away at the end of a day.

and I thought I was just going mad! Found 3off M3.5mm re-threading tools in my tool bag the other day - I bought 2 new ones thinking I had lost the others, but that could be something to do with needing a serious tidy up of the van  :innocent

There is a club for sufferers of this .  

I was told this method of working when I was 15 ......... and  totally ignored it .     Now ...I'm doing it  and it was  to return all work tools & equipment  to the same place and it works  well   until something odd occurs  and throws your system .      An example is my mate who  is now the world's leading expert on losing tools ...if he doesn't return  an item to where it came from ,   a week later  I'm totally thrown because it's not there  and I can't imagine where it is .  

My toolbox contains a  certain  range of  tools etc , so I know I can carry it in ,  I'm covered generally ..

I also know that it doesn't have any spanners  say, or big grips for SWA glands  so I  know to take them as extras .  Thats to keep the weight down .  

Like Roys  I am still found cursing when searching for that item that I've probably dropped in the door pocket  or worse ....  suddenly remember using in that false ceiling  three weeks ago  and I know its still there.   

Now I’m retired I don’t want to know where my tools are until I need something, then I can’t find/remember whatever I wanted.

At some point I should sell most of them, I can’t see me using 18” pump pliers again.

happens all the time to me. use something, put it down. go for it a few minutes later and its gone. often im the only one there so its got to be where ive left it...

Last edited by a moderator:
AHHH!    Welcome to the   "  Can't see the bleedin' obvious right in front of your eyes " Club . 

Also can I invite you to join the  "  Going out to the van  then wondering what you came for " Club.  

I have a foolproof way of finding what you have lost...never seems to fail me

process

A).   Search for minimum of one hour

B.)    Give up and buy/order another

C).     search for another hour

D).     Take delivery of new item

E).      0.0000 nanoseconds later find original item

"is a thing lost if you know where it is?" I was asked during my apprenticeship

"no, of course not!", I replied

"well then, I have dropped your hammer in the canal" was the reply