Brexit bloody brexit !!!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
 It strikes me whatever exit proposals are put to the EU   , they'll be thrown out .    May as well give up and continue down the road to      financial destruction with a "No Deal" .

Soon the foreign owned giant employers will start to leave the sinking ship , HMS United Kingdom as it steams on at full speed into  an unknown future with a big iceberg looming in the distance . 

Will there be enough lifeboats ...will we be joining the rest of the third world countries as we  float our rafts across to counties who will take us in ,  give us council houses , let us form British ghettoes in their cities .  The French and the Germans don't want us , perhaps Norway , Sweden , Iceland ........ah  yes ..of course  ...America  , land of the Free .  Let us join up and set off from Plymouth  for the New World ...we shall name it New England  .

Give me your tired, your poor,your huddled masses , yearning to breathe free.

The wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these , the homeless , tempest tossed to me.

I lift my lamp beside the golden door . 

Last edited by a moderator:
The truth is Deke, the Eu were never going to concede anything to us for if they do it will cause the Eu to implode as many other countries would look to leave. This is no more than a game of poker and unfortunately we have May at the table. What we needed to do is to go in hard at the outset and no flinch or wince at their every threat of rejection, we should have just played to get out and started making paths to new trade deals with the remaining 75% of the world. 

The reality is no matter what ‘deal’ is done in the next six months the following six months will see a major change because deep down the EU want a close link with us as much as we may want with them. 

So it’s all irrelevant anyway.

Please don’t tell me that when the next lot of politicians get in that they won’t seek to change everything that’s been agreed or undone/done because they have been doing that for years and that can be within  the same party. 

It’s all a game son and don’t believe otherwise. 

If any of them were actually interested in what’s right for our country or it’s people they’d have listened along time ago. 

The truth is Deke, the Eu were never going to concede anything to us for 

If any of them were actually interested in what’s right for our country or it’s people they’d have listened along time ago. 

^^^This! 

We're courgetteed and we know it, just trying to wrap it all nice, like.

Already spent 10 years in financial chaos another 10 should sort the wheat...

Thing is that the EU paint everything as being so rosy yet the level of youth unemployment across France, Spain, Portugal, Italy and Greece is truly awful .............. their futures have well and truly been sold down the river by the adoption of the Euro ................... and the Germans are the only real winners  ............................. when will all these kids wake up and realise their futures are not looking at all good?

Even the Germans seem fed up with propping up the weaker countries. Have to say I'm fed up with the in-party fighting on the Tories spannering May's attempts at negiotiating a deal, but then I also think they she shouln't have taken on the task by herself. I'm also fed up with being told that the people voted for xyz when they didn't really bother to ask us why we voted the way we did. 

z when they didn't really bother to ask us why we voted the way we did. 
The majority of people , in my experience ,  were voting AGAINST  free immigration  from EU countries  ...  and kicking against control from Brussels .

No one  in this country , including the government , had any idea what to do about leaving . 

We were lied to back in the day when we voted to join Europe ,  I voted in  as  we were told all it meant was we would have  a much bigger market for our goods , nothing else  , there is nothing to fear .  

We were BS 'ed during the referendum , with Boris's Bus etc , using the NHS  etc  .      We could have sorted the NHS finances by funding it through the Lottery .  

And I thought this was an announcement of a new U2 song, no it’s just Deke unable to sleep!! 
What  Looking for New England  ...that was Kirsty McColl  wasn't it? 

I have said it before, and worth repeating how we got in this bloody mess.

It is all because politicians don't listen to the people and don't give the people a say.

In the 1970's my parents generation (I was too young to vote but Deke was probably old enough) voted to join a "common market"

In the nearly 40 years since, the EU has evolved through a series of treaties, most notably Maastricht (sp?) and Lisbon.  The people were not consulted if we wanted to head more towards a united states of Europe.  It is no use saying we could choose the government as they were all in favour, there was no anti EU party to speak of to choose.

Matters were made worse on one occasion where we were promised a referendum but it never happened.

The final straw was David Cameron as his "negotiate a new deal" where he went asking for not much, and came back with not much of what he asked for.  This showed how inflexible the EU was and how little power or respect we had within it.

So when 2016 came along, there was 40 odd years of frustration at being led along this gravy train with no say in what choices the country makes.  Is it any wonder therefore so many said enough is enough and voted to leave? A lot thinking this is probably the only chance they will ever get to have their opinion listened to.

Oh what a great shame we were not consulted in the negotiation and signing of these treaties. It might have resulted in one being rejected, in which case it might have been re negotiated, but the choice then would be stay as we are, or move closer to Europe.

Sadly, I think the very last thing "they" will learn from this is that we want to be consulted.  They will probably never ever give the people such an important choice ever again, which is completely the wrong outcome.

Matters were made worse on one occasion where we were promised a referendum but it never happened.

in 2005 - a "promise" made by Tony Blair ......................... who knew the UK would have voted against the Lisbon Treaty - so didn't deliver on his promise .................. had he allowed the referendum on the Lisbon treaty and the UK had rejected it ................. I doubt the EU would have asked the UK to vote again and the treaty would have been dead in the water.

in 2005 - a "promise" made by Tony Blair ......................... who knew the UK would have voted against the Lisbon Treaty - so didn't deliver on his promise .................. had he allowed the referendum on the Lisbon treaty and the UK had rejected it ................. I doubt the EU would have asked the UK to vote again and the treaty would have been dead in the water.

Precisely. And we would not be in the mess we are now.

A lot thinking this is probably the only chance they will ever get to have their opinion listened to.
Added to that you have a large majority of serving & ex-service personnel, that are against the "Euro Army" that Merkle &  Macron are so badly trying to get off the ground, so a big yes to brexit vote came from that quarter.

I kind of got the feeling that services and ex-services were a bit 'land of hope and glory' rather than worried about a Euro Army???

I wanted, but couldn't vote for, the Economic Union, but without the political union, so I voted leave - I think quite a few others did the same. I certainly don't want to leave without a deal becuase I think this will be a big mistake. It is also very interesting that in EU rules, any country that votes to leave in a referendum were suppossed to automatically be made to leave, but after Holland and France voted to leave in referundums of their own, the EU rapidly changed that rule and kept them in the club. Shows the EU can move fast when it wants to....

When Ted Teeth announced we should have a referendum to remain in or to leave the Common Market, I thought about it and voted to stay in.

What I didn’t vote for was the United States of Europe.

De Gaulle never wanted us in the club.

If we had known what De Gaulle did after the end of WW2 regarding the “US Lend Lease” agreement, just about everyone in the UK would have walked away.

De Gaulle refused to contribute French gold for the LL agreement, “we need the gold to rebuild France”.

As per usual, we picked up the tab.

Last edited by a moderator:
I quite often think reporters miss the point and ask meaning less questions. Newsnight had some Italian fella who is part of the EU negiotiating team on the other night explaining how close to a deal we were based on Chequers. Instead of letting him talk and explain, they cut him short to tlak to UK jurnos for 'their opinions' - ffs a chance to get some real info wasted.