One of those air-cooled, soft top CU's with with cover thats gone missing years ago...

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPECIAL LOCATION

Trailer Boy - Electrician.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Found this one yesterday....

No point saying spot the fault.. you'd run out of time & ink writing em all down!

P.S. I have removed no covers or touched any part of the installation...

this is exactly how it was .   

domestic property...

That black cable disappearing off on the right hand side..

is the Rubber incoming supply feeding it all.

IMG_2008.JPG  

At least there is a rodent mesh😀 on the incomer

Nooooo...  the rodent mesh is on some of the final circuits going out.... :D

The incomer bends off to the right hand side above the round JB...

The other end appears here..

BUT they do have a nice insulated switch to manually cut off the power if needed!   :pmsl1:

I am guessing the switch was added by whoever fitted the meter?

IMG_2009.JPG

I am waiting to see if Deke owns up to it being one of his early jobs.....

Its a 'B64' postcode area....

Which by my calculations is within range for deke to reach and still have more than half a tank of fuel left?    :C

I was asked to go there as the customer wanted a quote for a new consumer unit!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I thought...  Well at least they got that bit right finally realising it was out of date!.    :(

SO....

do you reckon an RCD would stay on if added to any of those circuits?   :D

I did explain to them it would take a bit more than a typical single day CU swap-over..   :pmsl1:

I am waiting to see if Deke owns up to it being one of his early jobs.....

Its a 'B64' postcode area....

Which by my calculations is within range for deke to reach and still have more than half a tank of fuel left?    :C
Its some years since I worked in that area  Specs ,  Cradley &   'Ode  'ill  aye it  ?        An I aye sin a board loike that afore either ...it baint a Wylex by the looks on it ? 

When I worked for Southalls in Stourbridge  we  did a lot of work at Cradley Foundry ......a right filthly  *++?<$£2!     But no domestic jobs , so it aye one 'o mine  m' mon. :innocent

Latest posts