H&S gone mad

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well thats the country we live in these days .

Mind you ...if WW1  broke out today  there'd be a risk assessment produced first  to say we  won't be on the Somme till the weather brightens up a bit   and certainly not while those beastly Germans are there with their  nasty machine guns ....'ave yer bleedin'  eye out they would!!

They are completely wrong to blame 'health and safety'. Anyone from the HSE would say they're talking Radishes.

And believe it, or not, the Army carries out risk assessments when war fighting, this tries to ensure the troops get the right equipment etc to try and reduce the risk. This isn't about a blame culture, it increases morale and eases the logistical burden when things are assessed and done right.

They are completely wrong to blame 'health and safety'. Anyone from the HSE would say they're talking Radishes.

And believe it, or not, the Army carries out risk assessments when war fighting, this tries to ensure the troops get the right equipment etc to try and reduce the risk. This isn't about a blame culture, it increases morale and eases the logistical burden when things are assessed and done right.

I guess that’s what other armies do from what I’ve heard about ours, the boys and girls get what’s left whether it’s any good or not??

I guess that’s what other armies do from what I’ve heard about ours, the boys and girls get what’s left whether it’s any good or not??
Kit is much better now. I wish we'd had it when I joined in the 80's, things would have been much better all round.

I don't think the EU is responsible for that, but a nation of whingers seems to be where we are at - I blame day time TV, all those programmes whinging about life being unfair  :shakehead

is there any wonder that British kids are totally unprepared for life and work?
I think this is becoming a problem TBH .

Couple of examples in my experience .:-

22 yr old , at a local university , still driven round by grandma .

Brother to above , 15 yrs also driven by grandma or mother  to school ,  one mile away .

Neighbour 5 doors up the road , after 16 years he asks me to sort a minor electric problem ....Oh !   They have a  17 yrs old daughter who has now left school !!!!!   Never seen her before, didn't know she existed  ,  must have somehow travelled back & forth  without being seen .    :C  

Last edited by a moderator:
Part of the problem is having smaller families, if you only have 1 or 2 kids, then losing one is a big issue. Parents invest more in each child, and quite naturally want to protect them. Driving kids 1 mile though, no wonder kids are fat these days and traffic is appalling around schools.

I have four daughters. They all walk to junior school, less the toddler, and when they go to senior school it'll be a 1 mile walk which they will all love.

It annoys me the amount of parents who sit outside the school with their engines running waiting for Clamidia and Tarquinn to drive them 500m down the road. Not doing their kids any favours and wrecking the atmosphere at the same time.

chatting to a builder mate yesterday - his brother in law is 35 , still lives with mummy and daddy, never had a real job ............... they give him hand outs - and when they go on holiday they make sure he has enough money for cigarettes before they go 

Idiotic parents or what?

and the son is  a useless ****** by any chance?? They are just setting up to fail in life.

sounds like it .................................. 

so many people are raising their kids like this

Our son started work in August - he pays us keep, his mobile contract and his dental insurance .......... and everything for his car................... the bank of mum and dad stopped when he started earning (and before that he used his weekend retail job to run his car).......

A neigbour of mine bought his two lads bikes one Christmas   ,  I hid them in the Evans Electric Storage  & Fleet Parking  Facility  .

They never , ever , used them  ...not even up & down here  

Image024.jpg