Optima G3 (help needed on door contact)

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luddite

Reaction score
Hi

Some years ago I put the complete system

Then some years after that I replaced bell box and the small spare panel.

I am now trying to practice dementia (lol) because my brain seems to struggle with what I now need to do despite having all the manuals.

My son had yet another motorbike stolen so I have built a metal shed and have wired a flush door sensor to it, now I can not get it recognised by the control panel.

On the existing system zone 3 & 4 are joined so I copied the wiring to the flush contact on 7.

which is black&red to silver screws, Yellow and blue together to brass screw.  Yellow & blue in box to tamper, red & black to zone 7.

I have now dug some of my old notes out and they show different.

Black & red to silver screws, then yellow, green & blue to brass.  (do all of these last 3 go to tamper?)

Please refresh my memory

thanks

PS  I can not remember whether I have to initialise to get the system to recognise thgis new zone.

What I did what set it to chime but nothing happens (no red light)

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't worry about what colour you use  other than its best to follow the rest of the  system  .

The 2  silver screws  are the contacts  (  switch )   .  The brass  screws are just remote terminal  screws  .

So  your red & black  are in Zone 7  which is OK   .  (  Did you remove the link?) 

The Yellow & Blue   (Tamper )   need to go in series with the other tamper  loops .

Ignore the other two colours in the cable. 

Scan0001.jpg

Thanks mate

just got in from watching the blues game,

Love the sketch btw

toomorow (when sober, hic) I will be back asking questions after studying your plan (or getting you over to b31) lol

thank you, as mentioned above

Blue is unused  ,  yellow & green twisted together on a spare terminal   .   Really you should connect the tamper across the  tamper switch in your door contact  ...you'll see two metal contacts  that open when you remove the cover .

I'm not familiar with your panel  but if the zones are programmable  they usually default to  " Guard"  . So it should work .  

Sorry mate, gonna act dumb now

Are you saying Yellow to 1, Green to 3 for example on door switch - with them both going to tamper in alarm box

The way I have it, (yellow & green together on 3) nothing is responding

EDIT:

Oh, just re read it.

open the switch, find which 2 are the switch and put yellow & green to those, Is that correct please?

Tell you what , Ned  ,  don't bother with the tamper wires  , ( They need to be in series with the  rest of them )           just connect  your red & Bk to the silver contacts  in the door switch  and the other ends into Zone 7  after removing the shorting link ,  Forget the other cores .  If it doesn't work you need the manual to reprogramme  zone 7   .    

You could connect it into another zone which is already set to "Guard"    but must connect it in series not parallel  .  

Honeywell supply those panels now ,  you can phone them  for an engineer's  manual.