Is it just me or is this objectionable?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the local  neighbourhood  Forum today ,  is it just me .        Could I advertise a room to let , stating no curries , burkahs  , praying five times a day   or arranged marriages. ? 

Photo0629.jpg

Well in the  1950's   it would have read   ..."No blacks  , no Irish & no dogs "     

WHy didn't he just put muslims only  ....or no whites  , no Christians ,   and yes  , no gays , no Jews  .   

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't want to live anywhere I wasn't allowed a bacon butty and a pint.

If I was to put an advert in for a room rental it would be along the lines of 'No students or anyone likely to explode'...

I wouldn't want to live anywhere I wasn't allowed a bacon butty and a pint.

Off topic, slightly.

Got me thinking the other day, My grandfather after he left the RAF worked for BAE in saudi up until his retirement in '96. It occured to me that if I ever had cause to go over there (unlikely) that its not the alochol I would miss I could quite happily become teetotal... but I'd have had time giving up the bacon buttys, sausage rolls and pork pies!

Alas, They are severly restricted atm as I am on a diet as I have become even more of a fat bastard!

Six bedroom house and the garage converted for another? That would likely attract the councils attention here. “Multiple occupation” is the term they use and commercial fire regs,  etc, start to apply. Then again he may just have a big family.

What would happen if the advert say no homosexuals ....
You should be allowed to pick whatever sort of lodger you want

Maybe you wouldn't be comfortable with a gay in your house, it might be against your religion etc.

It's not a business providing a public service, it's letting an extra room.

I wouldn't be demanding to enter a flat share with a load of girls if they didn't want a man in with them, you'd hardly be claiming discrimination.

Well in the  1950's   it would have read   ..."No blacks  , no Irish & no dogs "     

WHy didn't he just put muslims only  ....or no whites  , no Christians ,   and yes  , no gays , no Jews  .   
F*** those racist women who were so poor that they had to let strangers into their house.

But all joking aside who would want to live where someone hates you, and you pay them money for the pleasure

F*** those racist women who were so poor that they had to let strangers into their house.

But all joking aside who would want to live where someone hates you, and you pay them money for the pleasure
Not sure how this is different to living with my missus 😂

I worked in Egypt years ago, conditions were pretty grim and the food was awful. One of the guys decided to smuggle a load of bacon in to make his month away go faster. He got away with it for a couple of weeks sneaking into the galley after hours and making himself a bacon butty but then got caught. They went absolutely nuts, I think he ended up getting smuggled out of the country in the boot of a car. They really were not impressed.

Bloody stupid twats,  why do people inflict all these banal beliefs upon themselves ?      

But they can come to this country  and defy the law by slaughtering animals in their prehistoric manner  .

The reason they don't eat pork is that , historically , they lived in hot climates  and pork goes off quickly  , prone to food poisoning  etc  .       Their God didn't  imagine they'd end up living in the Northern Hemisphere .  

I remember Catholics  not eating  meat on Fridays  so it was always fish ....or the other way around   :C     Jews are always circumscribed :innocent   ,  Their God didn't tell them that , its a health thing to do with ..again...living in a hot country .   They too don't eat pork for the same reason  ...I don't think Jehovah  is too bothered really . 

Muzzies insist women are covered up ,  they can't leave the house without a MALE family member as chaperone ..they can't drive  ..they are forced to marry who they're told to  .... etc     etc    its all about power & control  and if this upsets any of them  its hard shytte .. its my opinion and I'm English  and I thank the Lord I wasn't born into  a mindset that steps straight out of the 14 th century .    

Bloody stupid twats,  why do people inflict all these banal beliefs upon themselves ?      

But they can come to this country  and defy the law by slaughtering animals in their prehistoric manner  .

The reason they don't eat pork is that , historically , they lived in hot climates  and pork goes off quickly  , prone to food poisoning  etc  .       Their God didn't  imagine they'd end up living in the Northern Hemisphere .  

I remember Catholics  not eating  meat on Fridays  so it was always fish ....or the other way around   :C     Jews are always circumscribed :innocent   ,  Their God didn't tell them that , its a health thing to do with ..again...living in a hot country .   They too don't eat pork for the same reason  ...I don't think Jehovah  is too bothered really . 

Muzzies insist women are covered up ,  they can't leave the house without a MALE family member as chaperone ..they can't drive  ..they are forced to marry who they're told to  .... etc     etc    its all about power & control  and if this upsets any of them  its hard shytte .. its my opinion and I'm English  and I thank the Lord I wasn't born into  a mindset that steps straight out of the 14 th century .    
Yep you got that right, what a state of affairs Evans, and it ll prob get bloody worse as well!