Doctor Politically Correct on TV tonight ??

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just me being cynical again  I suppose  ,  but saw some of the new Dr Who series  tonight .....just struck me that not only is the Doctor now a woman  but  three "companions "    one white ,  one Black, one Asian  ..... only the Chinese left out .     I don't object  as such , I'm sure  the series will be popular  ...it just looked like the local college's   prospectus  with  every  care  taken to get every nationality  on the cover . 

There was talk earlier in the year that the next James Bond should be female    :C    It just seems silly ,    fine , make a spy film with a female heroine  , not a problem ,  but no need to replace genders  for the sake of it .      

Del Girl

Mom's Army 

Mrs Morse

The Holy Trinity ...Father ,Daughter & the Holy Ghost !  

Janet of Nazareth 

That famous cowboy series  , The Lone  Mobile Hairdresser    

It's country file that gets me.  Equal opportunities means they have to employ disabled reporters. It just seems "wrong" to see them struggling along a rough uneven footpath in an electric wheelchair thing looking any moment like the thing may tip over and dump the occupant on the ground.

Yep, ethnic diversity. They have quotas to fill. TV adverts are worse, they seem to involve the United Nations in each one!

and the Royal London Funeal Plan advert!.....are you thinking of dying?.....give us your money! THeir adverts extol ethnic diversity AND colour continuity on all the props

I watched a   programme on what a rip off they were

Back in 2007 I was in the audience of Question Time .... being white and male meant I was placed with the others around the edges ...... whilst centre stage of the audience was more colourful and diverse in dress sense .......

thats the Beeb for you, in trying to change their image from upper class white male dominant corporation they now disregard everything that resembles the native person in favour of being PC. 

Not just me then !      I also see a great predominance  of mixed ethnic couples  portrayed in adverts  and programming  .  Which appears to be PCing .  Again , no problem except  that now its looking contrived . 

American TV went PC a while back ,   so  now, every judge  and every police station boss is a black guy .   I have no problem at all  with that except that it  now looks like  PC overkill  instead of real life .    

Back in 2007 I was in the audience of Question Time .... being white and male meant I was placed with the others around the edges ...... whilst centre stage of the audience was more colourful and diverse in dress sense .......
Other than that Murdo , it must have been interesting > ?