DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.
Sign in to follow this  
Dairyspark

External sounder beeping intermittently

Dairyspark

Hi everyone, could anyone point me in the direction of reasons why the external sounder would beep every 10-15 minutes?

Customer has changed battery inside control panel which has topped the internal beeping but external is still beeping away

Andy™

new batteries required in the bellbox? what system is it?

Dairyspark

Its a Mossie and Kirkland alarm system, if that's not what you mean then I'm not sure as i have Zero experience with alarms, my company doesn't even do alarms, its a my bosses family and I've been sent to fix it 😭

Andy™

no idea. thats more like the instler name not the manufacturer

Richard-the-ninth

Mossie and Kirkland IS the name of the company who installed the alarm (They were bought out in 2012) we need to know what make / model the panel is, but to be honest, I have (in all my years) never heard of an external sounder beeping every xx minutes because of a low battery, usually the battery just fails.

I have found "hidden / lost / forgotten" smoke alarms in the vicinity with low battery making a beeping noise, so I would check the sounder to be 100% sure it is the cause of the noise, and if it is, change it to another external sounder as it will solve the problem and is quicker in the long run.

Dairyspark

It’s a ADE optima Compact, if that helps any and it’s 100% beeping from the sounder

Richard-the-ninth

As I said, change the sounder. 99.9% of external sounders will work on any panel.