Horseman centaur 7

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Taylor

Reaction score
I have replaced an old Siemens temperature thermostat with the above.  The Siemens unit just had two wires (connected to L and Y1)  I connected these to the horseman unit on terminals 1 and 3. 

Now when I turn on the heating it fires up even though - at the time - the room temperature showed 22 degrees and the target temperature at 18 degrees.  I thought that in these circumstances the heating should not be on?

Three things:- when I override / increase the target temperature up to the ambient temperature there is an audible 'click' but all the time the heating is going; when I decrease it down past 5 degrees, there is a 'click' and target shows 30 !; but, if I take the unit from the base plate, the heating does stop.

Am I missing something here ?

regards

At a guess 3 could be for cooling (NC), try using 1 & 2.

But as above a wiring diagram is normally very useful in this sort of situation.

Thanks for the above. When I originally looked at the wiring diagram for the new one, 1 and 3 (of 4) seemed to be the equivalent of 1 and Y1 on the old one (Y2 was not used).

I will have to get hold of the new diagram again and try 1 and 2.  But currently, I am in England and the thermostat is fitted in France!

i'll get back to you.

regards